Security Engineer (Top Secret Clearance required)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- •Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- •Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- •Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- •Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- •Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
- We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer. The major support areas in this contract are Program Management, IT Operations and Maintenance, Engineering, and Applications Support.
The Security Engineer, is a recognized authority on relevant IT Security subject matter knowledge, including security technologies, theories, or techniques (such as security frameworks and methodologies). Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Develops strategy and participates in setting functional policy and direction. Working knowledge of installation, maintenance, and upgrading of OSs and applications for the server and client environment. Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to information assurance and network security. Proactively monitors vendor and DoD IA notices and reports results. Assists in devising targeted metrics to assess performance. Understands, adheres to, and implements overall security and configuration policies. Provides advice on monthly vulnerability releases. Updates projects on an on-going basis to reflect current status of IA activities and tasks. Supports documentation, databases and reporting relating to IA assigned responsibilities. Develop and deliver presentations at senior levels for large, complex projects.
- Encompasses multiple disciplines, including technology architects, solution architects, and enterprise architects
- Responsible for delivering business value to customer by architecting effective security solutions that address the customer’s business problems, needs and opportunities, in a manner consistent with strategic and business goals
- Monitors security audit and intrusion detection system logs for system and network anomalies. Investigates and/or escalates security violations, attempts to gain unauthorized access, virus infections that may affect the network or other event affecting security. Documents and reports event(s).
- Assists in providing engineering analysis, design and support for firewalls, routers, networks and operating systems.
- Assists in the review and recommends the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affects security.
- Assists in providing oversight and enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures at server sites.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels both internally and with the customer by understanding the customer’s business context and their unique situation
- Collaborate with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs in order to facilitate the definition and development of the solution
- Develops and implements Cybersecurity/security standards and procedures,
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization, recommends Cybersecurity/security solutions to support customers’ requirements.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Establishes and satisfies Cybersecurity and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyzes general Cybersecurity-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Adheres to Department of Defense Cybersecurity Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) policies and conducting initial and recurring Security Authorization Packages.
- Responsible for preparing, coordinating, managing, and tracking Interim Authority to Test (IATT), Authority to Operate (ATO), and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) requests and approval credentials issued by the Authorizing Official (AO), as well as System Authorization Package and Change Requests for initial and recurring authorizations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related Engineering field with a minimum of 5-8 years equivalent industry experience
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
- Experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
- Possess CISSP certifications or equivalent
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract. **
Knowledge and Skills:
- •Experience working with federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer security Act, etc.)
- Experience working with NIST Special Publications or related publications and the C & A process methodology
- In-depth understanding of IT security architectures and third party integrations
- Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills and ability to work effectively with a team
- Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively, ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument
- Ability to work in a complex ever changing environment with short turn around tasking internally and with the client
- Possess an awareness of applicable Executive Orders, Department of Defense, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS), service and agency directives, regulations or instructions regarding security of facilities, communications equipment, personnel and computers.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top