ES Global Design Network function is responsible for designing and architecting the solutions required for the customer environment and also on the leveraged HPE environment. Services range from the individual components design and config to complex data centre design and configuration suited to the needs. The team communicates effectively, is motivated to succeed and has a diverse range of skills and experience.
To perform a Senior Network Engineer/Designer/Architect role for the customers/region as per contract deliverables. The primary objective is to act as the interface between the HPE customer account team (ADE/ADM/AE) and or technical functional managers and help the customer to achieve their desired objectives within the framework and standards set. Secondary objectives include configuration and review of network design to achieve optimal efficiency. Be the liaison for customer projects and scope changes and completion of complex change management activities.
- Interface between HP customer account team (ADE/ADM/AE) and network engineering services department.
- Adhere to corporate policies, procedures and standards
- Develop a detailed understanding of assigned customers
- Work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global and/or multi-functional. Lead teams which address operational processes and policies in work area. Seen as a resource to the team in one or more technical or business areas. Becoming a trusted advisor inside and outside the team/technology area.
- Be the point of contact for Escalation on network technology, people or process.
- Responsible for providing end to end solution in security domain
- Responsible for creating HLD, LLD for Projects
- Prepare knowledge base & Increase reuse percentage for solutions
- Follow the Quality Management system for all the projects & deliverables
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduation from Recognised University with a Minimum 7 Years of Experience in Network Security role
- Certified in CCSA, CCSE, Security , CEH, CISSP preferred
- Any other certifications like JNCIA, ACE, ASE, load balancer, Proxy, Wireless is advantageous.
- Overall 7 years of relevant experience in network technologies.
- 4-6 years’ firewall experience in security domain
- 2-4 years’ experience in LAN and WAN technologies
- 2-4 years’ or load balancer/proxy/Wan accelerator experience is preferred.
- 2-4 years’ of project Management and execution skills (Preferred )
- 2-4 years’ of lead experience is advantageous
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Hands on in configuring firewall policies, VPN access, Intrusion Prevention system(IPS),Intrusion detection system (IDS),Web application firewall, wireless Access Points, routers
- Design and implementing experience in perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Perform complete infrastructure assessments and architectural security assessments
- Should have knowledge on network design and security solution in both internet and intranet domain.
- Should have hands on experience working on products of Checkpoint / Palo Alto / Fortigate /Juniper
- Excellent knowledge & solution design skills in load balancers – BigIP, GTM, LTM and APM, Citrix NetScaler, VPX, F5 load balancer configurations, including migrating configurations from Cisco ACE to F5 and troubleshooting.
- Deep understanding on F5 LTM and GTM load balance technologies with i-rules
- Should have good understanding of Routing & Switching concept
- Should be able to understand & work-on network design / solution end to end
- Utilizes good troubleshooting skills to quickly provide quality solutions for customer issues
- Provides timely updates to customers/team members
- Understands the criticality of cases and meets initial response time as defined in SLA
- Analyses performance against SLAs, proactively manages issues and ensures implementation of corrective action.
- Sets clear expectations and commitments during the investigative phase, through the resolution phase and follows through on commitments made
- ITSM Process Compliance & Keeping all relevant documents up-to-date.
- Individual responsible for day-to-day delivery and management including customer relationship and overall one shared delivery team.
- Supporting system implementations and integrations, systems analysis and diagnosis, trouble-shooting, performance analysis and resolution.
- Documents the problem/resolution to allow for future reference in Knowledge Database
- Change Management: Prepare the Implementation and fall-back plan for the changes .Ensure that the changes are tested before actual implementation.
- Participate in regular delivery audits.
- Document and maintain the standard operation procedures for the project.
- Co-operates and works well with others in the pursuit of team/project goals and effective inter personal behaviour.
- Responsible for maintaining high employee satisfaction and employee morale
- Effective Verbal and Written communication
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top