Security Analytics Data Platform Engineer
Security Analytics Data Platform Engineer
This position requires either US citizenship or an existing Green Card.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an innovative, dynamic company with a rich past and a promising future. Originally Hewlett-Packard Company, HPE has continuously reinvented itself. Today, HPE is one of the world's leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services, and software solutions for the next generation of IT infrastructure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is seeking a highly-motivated, Cyber Security Data Analytics Engineer to join the Global Cyber Data Management team in Houston, Texas. Other possible locations include Austin, TX or Roseville, CA. We're looking for a talented engineer who likes challenges, is motivated to learn new things, has passion for continuous improvement and has strong hands-on technical expertise in a wide variety of technologies.
This candidate will be responsible for the continued design, development, implementation and engineering support for an internally developed security data warehouse and data analytics platform. This position includes responsibilities for technical system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, software deployment and maintenance needed to support the security platform.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to existing systems, and participate in new and going-forward architecture security solution.
- Perform maintenance and support of the current deployed tools and databases needed for security platform.
- Participate in design and implementation of big data applications using a variety of different technologies.
- Maintain and support data pipelines using Apache Kafka/Zookeeper in a cluster environment.
- Collaborate hands-on development and implementation tasks with Big Data developers and BI technology platforms and technologies including Hadoop and Vertica.
- Partner with internal HPE teams such as Cyber Defense Center, Vulnerability/Patch Management, Advanced Threat Detection, and others with the intention of collecting and sharing applicable datasets and driving improvements in operational security.
- Maintain and support current scanning infrastructure and tools for the enterprise.
- Partner with internal HPE Cyber Security team or IT team on data integration, governess and compliance
- Learn our business domain and technology infrastructure quickly and share your knowledge freely and proactively with others in the team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 7 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Working knowledge and experience of IT environment and operating systems especially Microsoft Windows Servers and Linux operating system.
- Operational experience in hardware and software troubleshooting in server, cloud or similar environment.
- Good understanding of relational data model and SQL.
- Good understanding of networking (TCP/IP)
- Scripting experience is desired.
- Understanding of security principles and good knowledge of cyber security technologies.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with shell scripting (bash, perl, python)
- Experience in relational databases with MSSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, or others
- Working in a large data environment using Big Data technologies
- Experience with a columnar data store
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top