InvestigateSecurity Alerts received from multiple supported security alerting systems forSOC clients on a 24×7×365 basis.
- Handle, validate and investigateSecurity Events (Intrusions/Malicious Activity/Security Events) for
- Review and analyze logs files, systemmessages, event details, network packets for investigations
- IT security incident handling
- Event monitoring in a network andconduct basic security investigation
- Understand the existing tools,technology and environment for client and HP
- Network and Host based IntrusionDetection/Prevention Systems (NIDS/NIPS/HIDS/HIPS)
- Proficient in ISS and McAfee andTipping Point
- Incident Response Hotline and GroupMailbox coverage
- Initial information gathering anddocumentation
- Escalation and Reporting
- Working together with America &EMEA SOC agents handling security alert of multiple clients
- Liaising with System, Network &Firewall Administrator and any other parties required for
- Identify Security Risk base on thecurrent security alert patterns.
Bachelor’sdegree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computing, Information Security, orrelated field or equivalent work experience in SOC IDS/IPS Monitoring.
Often holds intermediate-levelcertification(s) in work field such CEH, Malware, SANS, Product -Symantec/MacAfee, Comptia Security , and ITIL Foundation. Typically 1 years ofrelevant experience.
- Good written and communication skillsacross all levels.
- Good technical skills in analyzing andtroubleshooting
- Proactive and ensure accountable forany operation escalation
- Ability to work independently andmanage teams.
- Identify and evaluate the securityalert handling and urgency.
- Establish effective relationships withpeople at all organizational levels, internally & externally.
- Proven ability to multi-task, manageand work on different tasks or project concurrently
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top