SAP Basis Technical Specialist
Hewlett PackardEnterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impacton people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfoliothat spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billioncustomers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, anddelivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value,and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not onlyhappen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways forpeople to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition toworking alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities tolearn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guidedby feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize yourknowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to shareour knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services InformationTechnology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Servicesportfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducingcosts, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years ofinnovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach todeliver superior value to our clients.
For more than 50 years,we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the bestclient experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner theycan trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
- Strong knowledge on the following activities:
- Basic system administration such as configurations, spool, RFC, background processing, etc.
- License management, System monitoring and System traces
- User administration including authorizations and security
- Transport management
- Version and Kernel Upgrade
- Support package administration
- Homogeneous (/heterogeneous) migration
- Operating System/Database
- Basic database administration such as backup, space administration, healthchecks, etc.
- Database installation and upgrade
- Database patch installation and upgrade
- General operating system administration such as file navigation, monitoring, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve incidents and service requests including coordination with various groups
- Ability to implement and execute change requests completely and accurately as aligned
- Ability to provide Root Cause Analysis or RCA, for service improvements, error documentation, workaround and resolution plans
- Additional skills/competencies as required by the account
- Able to lead and co-train other SAP Basis/non-SAP resources
- Provides comprehensive and quality support for all technical, process-related and escalation activities
Education and Experience
- Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of solid hands-on experience in SAP Basis administration, installation and upgrades
- At least 3 large scale full SAP implementation experience
- Knowledgeable in Operating System and Database administration
- SAP certification and/or infrastructure know-how an advantage but not required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible work schedule (on-call, night shift included)
Knowledge and Skills
- Technical knowledge and experience on the following:
- SAP: Netweaver (including EP, XI/PI, BW, BI), Solution Manager, HANA
- Database: Oracle, MSSQL, MaxDB, DB2, Sybase
- Operating System: Windows, HP-UX, Linux, AIX, Solaris
- Infrastructure: Hardware, Network (Cloud included)
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top