SAP Basis Consultant
HewlettPackard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have ameaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE bringstogether a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure toserve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents.HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive businessvalue, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learningdoes not only happen through training. Relationships are among the mostpowerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPEculture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will havemany opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignmentopportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate yourlearning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring“program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across ourmulti-generation workforce.
EnterpriseServices Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensiveInfrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes forour clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combinesyears of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and globalreach to deliver superior value to our clients.
For morethan 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise anddelivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust todeliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
We are looking for professionals withSAP Basis experience to support HP’s global customer base. Professionals witheither Database Administration experience or OS Administration experience willalso be considered.
Successfulcandidates will be part of a team providing world class IT support and servicesto our customers. They will have the opportunity to interact and work withhighly competent and motivated individuals to provide value added IT serviceswhich will embody HP’s value proposition.
As a SAP BasisSupport Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Providingservice delivery to the required service levels
- Providingreactive support for customers of the service, and to introduce measures toreduce reactive work.
- Providingproactive support, through effective capacity planning and change management.
- Handlingescalations from customers/other teams, about technical issues.
- Configuration and administration of large scale global and regional SAPsystems.
- Plan,execute and follow up SAP projects under your responsibility
- Capacity to communicate information within the team effectively
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal, communication, training and organizational skills required as well as the ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to make effective and excellent interpersonal and customer relations
- Must have a strong customer service orientation
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- At least 5 to 8 years of hands-onexperience in either SAP Basis Administration, Database Administration or OSAdministration
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical,problem- solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong customer focus and management ofclient expectations
- Excellent oral and written communicationskills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Can work with minimum supervision.
Candidates with the following skills will be at anadded advantage:
- SAP Basis experience on release 4.6 andabove
- SAP experience on any of the followingNetWeaver technologies:
- SAP Basis Netweaver Administration
- Business Warehouse /Business Intelligence
- Enterprise Portal Administration/ SAP Workplace
- SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP PI) Administration / SAP Business Connector
- SAP J2EE 7.0, 7.1 & 7.2 CE, 7.3 and higher
- SAP Solution Manager operations(MOPZ,RCA, Managed system configurations)
- Trex Administration
Ø Educational background: Universitydegree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering,Management Information Systems etc.) or equivalent experience in IT or relevantbusiness area.
Ø Good understanding of ITIL, Servicestandard processes (certification preferred)
HewlettPackard Enterprise Values:
Partnershipfirst: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long termrelationships with our customers, our partners and euch other
Bias foraction: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovatorsat heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthroughadvancements
What do weoffer?
Extensivesocial benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and sharedvalues, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractiveemployers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance,and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you arelooking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, thenwe definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via ourCareers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can alsofind us on:
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master’s degree in related field. Often holds entry-level certification(s) in work field. May hold intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Typical skills include:
- (strong) understanding of technology in direct responsibility
- (developing) understanding of other technology sub-areas
- General understanding of related technologies
- (strong) Customer Service
- General Project Management
- (developing) Influencing Others
- (developing) Customer/Vendor Management
- (developing) Business Analysis
- (developing) General Financial Management
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top