SAP Administrator Entry
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses,
governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve
more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology
solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn
and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many
opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support
to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows
us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services is one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500
companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries. We help our clients focus their IT
investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style
of IT. Through our seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and advance each enterprise, no matter where
they are in their journey. We also bring the best of HPE together to deliver innovative solutions that matter to our clients.
Leveraging HPE’s portfolio we offer end-to-end solutions for today’s IT environments.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in
the industry. Our clients rely on HPE Enterprise Services as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and
value to their enterprise.
The SAP Basis Administrator works primarily with SAP client/server enterprise applications and provides technical
expertise in SAP Basis area.
- Responsible for monitoring of various SAP applications and database environments and work in the solution.
- Support in the implementation of changes, root cause analysis and implementation of new projects.
- Researches and implements solutions of low to high complexity for Basis functionality in the areas of performance
monitoring, tuning, and systems configuration
- Maintain and provide infrastructure improvements to existing database applications
Qualifications – Internal
Education and Experience Required:
- At least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years of solid hands-on experience in SAP Basis administration
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Unix ( HP-UX,AIX)
SAP Basis Administration
- Base Module in SAP Landscape with ABAP stack
- Base Module in SAP Landscape with JAVA stack
- SAP Installation
- Application Upgrade
- SAP Components upgrade:
- Support Packages
- Plugs-in, Add-ons
- Enhancements Packages
- Clients copies (Local/ Remote)
- Configuration and administration of transporting system
- Application of SAP notes
- Performance Analysis
- Bottle neck system detection
- Queries Analysis
- Expensive Queries recommendations
- CCMS configuration
- Audit configuration
- Roles and profiles
- High Availability
- Target oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Shifting work schedule
- Ability to work with a team
- ITIL v3 process awareness is a big plus.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top