Sales Support Representative
Sales Support Representative
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
We're solving the world's most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you'll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You'll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you'll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
This is a non-customer facing role responsible for performing general and specific tasks related to the effective execution and support of the end to end sales cycle processes. This includes data entry and organization of customer information, updating sales opportunity data, maintaining records and documentation, researching information and coordinating work via pre-defined processes. Interfaces with internal stakeholders and partners to communicate status or resolve issues arising during or after the sales cycles.
- Proactively contact customers and sell HPE products and services.
- Developing sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport with customers and partners.
- Responsible for hunting new business within an assigned geographic territory.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue and margin quotas and metrics
- Responsible for minimum 25 outbound customer calls a day utilizing prospect development and lead generation skills.
- Exhibits expert knowledge of HPE portfolio and industry trend via customer interaction, management coaching and technical certifications.
- Assessing competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identifying sales opportunities.
- Demonstrates a successful ability to leverage HPE's portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Works in conjunction with technical resources like Field Sales, Solution Architect's and pre-sales to recommend a solution to a customer.
- Display confident ability to present value to customer via web ex demonstrations
- Independently moves sales opportunities through entire sales process, from initiation to closing.
- Builds and maintains solid customer relations that protect or expand HPE's Installed base.
- Responsible for pipeline and forecast management in accordance with sales center business process in Salesforce
- Execute opportunity and lead management while uncovering opportunities that drive incremental revenue.
- Seeks out appropriate resources in presales, product/service specialists to support complex deals.
- Nurtures and closes new opportunities that result in substantial incremental orders, revenue and margins to HPE, representing the entire HPE portfolio of products and services.
- Listen to customer needs and tailor messages to customers based on their needs and tie in promotional campaigns, upgrades, or extended products/services where applicable.
- Keen to be a student of the business and consistently up to date with the latest trends, changes and challenges in the IT industry.
Key Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to perform in high pressure environment.
- Detail oriented and master of priority management.
- Outstanding verbal (including telephone) and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates fundamental understanding of information management systems.
- Possesses a knowledge of databases and reporting application systems.
- Excellent PC Computer proficiency, particularly in the Microsoft suite of applications, and in Microsoft Excel.
- Understands the importance of data accuracy and how it can impact sales decisions.
- Demonstrated organization, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- First level university degree is preferred.
- Typically 0-6 years of experience in a related field.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HPE brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. And at HPE, we know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top