Sales Support Management
Sales Support Management
This family generally performs back-office functions and is typically a non-customer facing role responsible for performing general and specific tasks related to the effective execution and support of the end to end sales cycle processes. This may include at the non-exempt level, capture, entry and organization of customer information, updating sales opportunity data, maintaining records and documentation, researching information, compiling data for reports, assisting with analysis, and coordinating work via pre-defined processes. Ensures that both transactional and aggregated data are timely, accurate, organized and accessible. At the exempt level, develops specific and ad-hoc reports to track key performance indicators, sales productivity, and /or business goal attainment. Ensures recorded transactions and customer information is appropriately secure and that data retrieval and reporting capabilities meet the needs of internal sales, operational support, delivery and audit teams and in accordance with local legal compliance and company policy requirements. Interfaces with internal stakeholders, partners and end customers to communicate status or resolve issues arising during or after the sales cycle. Provides knowledge expertise to the company's operations community to optimize, simplify, and standardize the use of customer and sales data for decision making.
- Performs basic data entry per pre- defined processes.
- Supports day-to-day post-sales order transactions (e.g., credits, returns, order entry) and reporting of customer issues (e.g., specialized product builds, performance reports); handles multiple low to moderately complex customer accounts.
- Assists other departments and support groups (e.g., internal sales, audit, operational support, delivery) by reporting routine issues to the appropriate roles.
- Helps resolve minimally to moderately complex customer issues (e.g., distribution, pricing) and proactively follows-up to assist external-facing customer service representatives.
- Resolves open order (backlog) report issues of low to moderate complexity and reaches out to supply chain or factory to determine source of delay; communicates status and escalates issues to higher levels.
- Helps resolve order management issues for all product lines using basic general subject matter knowledge.
- Enters sales data in a timely and efficient manner, maintaining documentation and records.
Education and Experience Required:
- Two year university degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 2-4 years of experience in a related field.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good communication skills. Fluency in English and local language mastery.
- Some knowledge of internal processes and policies.
- General understanding of local legal compliance issues.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Developing teamwork skills.
- Developing time management skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top