Sales Strategy & Planning Intern (Placement Year)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we innovate for tomorrow. We move at the speed of thought to turn insights into solutions. And that starts with finding the brightest minds to fearlessly create and to challenge the way we think.
We help customers use technology to reduce the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, customers transform industries, markets and lives. We provide the cutting-edge technology solutions customers need to optimize their traditional IT while helping them build the secure, cloud-enabled, mobile-ready future uniquely suited to their needs.
We are currently looking for bright and ambitious students to join our 13 month internship programme in our Sales Strategy and Planning team in Bracknell.
As a Sales Strategy & Planning Intern, you will be supporting colleagues and management to ensure client satisfaction, financial performance and efficient business support operations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Creating and developing reporting packs for senior executives that track change within the business and assist in crucial decision making processes.
- Presenting important strategic and financial information on a weekly basis using a variety of mediums.
- Supporting members of a unique area of the Enterprise Group on a daily basis.
- Liaising with sales specialists and account managers to monitor business activities and offering support to them whenever necessary.
- Using an analytical approach, provide valuable feedback, thoughts and opinions to the strategy, sales and finance teams.
Applicants must be completing an undergraduate degree that requires (or has an option for) a year’s industrial placement. A Business or related degree background that can demonstrate sales, finance, business & analytical skills is preferable. A target to achieve a 2.1 (based on results and/or predicted grades) is required.
In addition to the above educational requirements, students must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement at the beginning of July 2017 for 13 months.
Skills & Competencies
- Willingness to grow and develop with Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office package to a high standard (particularly Excel & PowerPoint).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Time management & organisational skills.
- Ability to work with a level head under pressure.
- Great team player.
- Communicate clearly and effectively using different mediums.
- Always proactively striving for improvements.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to demonstrate some work experience or participation in meaningful extra-curricular activities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top