Sales Strategy and Operations Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
As a member of the US Sales Strategy and Operations Team within Sales Operations, you will be expected to be an integral member of the sales teams you support. This role encompasses operations, strategy, and planning in support of making sales successful by maximizing their customer face time and minimizing the internal operations management requirement. You will be the go to resource for Sales around forecasting, business performance analysis, quota setting and rostering, QBR support, sales coverage, and analytical reporting.
Drives multiple complex sales support processes, such as:
- Sales Pipeline Management: SFDC ownership including pipeline review with sales to ensure accurate close dates, opportunity value and sales stage categorization in support of forecasting.
- Sales Forecasting: Manage weekly global opportunity reviews and sales forecast roll up with sales management and finance. Drive forecast predictability and accuracy.
- Planning: Quota deployment and rostering, segmentation and TAM review, expectation setting with sales management relative to quota guidelines, readiness timelines, and signoff requirements. Work with cross functional teams across the span of the business planning activities.
- Compensation: Work with Sales Compensation and Go to Market teams with a goal of aligning pay to business performance.
- Be a trusted advisor to sales by building solid relationships across all sales levels. Demonstrate expertise in both business and sales operation processes and navigate on behalf of sales.
- Understand short and long term business objectives and build operational model for success.
- Provide input to sub-region sales QBRs and participate in QBR sessions.
- Utilize reporting and analysis to make business recommendations and/or drive decisions.
- Support sales in the annual development of Account Business Plans by providing account performance data.
Education and Experience Required:
5-10 years of experience in a business related function, preferably finance, operations, accounting, or compensation.
Knowledge and Skills:
Advanced communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation). Mastery in English.
Strong knowledge and skills with business applications (e.g., Excel).
Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and data manipulation skills.
Demonstrated ability to work independently
Willingness to learn
Ability to work as both a member and leader of a team
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
“If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top