Sales Operations Lead, Software
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for you. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Every day, HPE Software helps IT organizations perform better. As new technologies—such as mobility, virtualization, and cloud services—make the IT landscape more complex, we give IT leaders the insight and control they need to measure, improve, and communicate IT’s contribution to the business. Across every essential function and every lifecycle phase, we help IT align with business goals, manage hybrid IT environments, guard against security threats, mitigate risks, and comply with regulations.
We are currently looking for a seasoned Sales Operations Lead for our Software division. This person would be expected to:
- Drive efficient SW Sales and Business Operations management for business-performance & predictability.
- Drive integration/alignment and provide subject matter expertise (on selected WW programs) of business-process and systems across end-to-end GTM platform.
- Relationship manage for sub region both within SW and external to SW with alignment of products, marketing, enablement, operations, finance and sales to maximize sales growth
- Drive annual sales planning cycle to exceed budget goals, provide subject matter expertise on sales incentive plans and programs as part of the go-to-market plan. Ensure account business planning completion and coverage.
- Provide and execute processes improvement of tools; and analytics to monitor and increase sales productivity.
- Establish and drive common sales process and methodology to increase effectiveness & efficiency and training of sales.
- Maximize and leverage of the HPE sales ecosystem and relationships.
- Escalation management of sales and management issues (including deal management) and proactive engagement on ‘learning’ from escalations.
- Provide business partner support to regional and sub regional management team; actively manage low performing reps and documentation of improvements and metrics.
- Sales compensation escalation point; management of local relationships to ensure sales compensation.
- SW Revenue generation sales programs reporting and execution. Develop and support local revenue programs program.
- Drive rigorous pipeline management.
- - 10% of commit forecast in by week 8 of each quarter
- Ensure pipeline is healthy and metrics targets are met.
- Support forecast and documentation.
- Completion for forecast of sub region.
- Completion and management of monthly reviews.
- Drive and support internal and external requirements to ensure maximize revenue recognition.
- Manage data effectively within SFDC
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree with a focus in business or finance; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 10 years of related experience, preferably in Sales Operations, customer service, procurement or financial management.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience supporting global/regional accounts with extensive global/regional coordination
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to effectively manage sales organization’s issues/complaints in professional, positive manner.
- Comfortable working in environments with multiple systems, tools and infrastructure.
- Team player and understands importance of growing business within the HPSW framework.
- Expert problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Customer oriented attitude.
- Excel skills at an advanced level required.
- Advanced understanding of core company businesses and the revenue cycle
- Mastery of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent project management, problem solving, and analytical skills, and the ability to execute a project within the scope of overall strategies.
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Strong proven ability to identify and implement customer-specific process improvements.
- Superior leadership, consulting, influence, and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of HPE processes and systems a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation)
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top