Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”.
The EG Public Sector Sales Team at HPE are looking to recruit an Industrial Intern to work alongside our field and sales representatives in this highly lucrative, business focused sales segment.
If successful, you will work alongside a sales team that is driven to achieve results. Your role would involve liaising with colleagues within your internal sales team in order to operate as efficiently and effectively as possible. There is also opportunity to engage with our valued set of business customers.
You will gain a wealth of experience in how to work efficiently as part of a Sales Team and ultimately gain an understanding of the way in which the sales cycle works in this highly competitive industry. Moreover you will be gaining the invaluable experience of working within a corporate environment for a New-to-the-market Multi-National, highly innovative company.
By providing the support necessary for the HPE Public Sector Sales Team in the UK to continually evolve and grow, you will be given the opportunity to make a difference within the organisation and prove that you are a valuable asset worth investing in for the future.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Public Sector team and management with reporting and sales forecasting.
- Supporting account managers with sales related tasks and projects.
- Supporting organisation of customer events.
- Market analysis, using the various data sources available.
- Maintaining the Internal Team SharePoint.
- Assisting with ad-hoc requests.
- Compile and analyse data which forms the basis for business decisions.
Education & Experience:
- We are looking for high-calibre candidates that are currently studying a business related degree course at University and are expected to achieve a minimum of a 2:1 grade.
- A candidate who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and can lead by example even in the most demanding of situations.
- You will be working in a constantly changing and fast paced environment therefore you must present skills that show your willingness to adapt to any situation that may arise. Being keen and a willingness to “jump in” are key.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel is necessary.
- No primary experience in sales is necessary however, you must have solid record of past work experience and/or participation in meaningful extra-curricular activities.
- Good teamwork skills and an ability to learn quickly.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently when required.
- Good use of initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
Potential interns must be in their 2nd year of a 4 year degree which requires (or has an option for) year 3 to be a 1 year’s industrial placement. A Business, Engineering, IT or related degree discipline is preferable but not essential, however a target to achieve a 2.1 (based on first year’s results and/or predicted second year’s result) is required.
In addition to the above educational requirements, Students must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement on or about July 2017.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top