At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
The Enterprise Group Consulting Services Division at Hewlett Packard Enterprise are looking to recruit an Industrial Trainee to work alongside our field sales representatives in this highly lucrative, business focused sales segment.
If successful, you will work alongside a sales team that is driven to achieve results. A business that doubled in the past 2 years and looks to achieve further growth in the upcoming financial year. Your role would involve liaising regularly with the sales team and also engaging with colleagues internally within the company that can help you to operate as efficiently and effectively as possible.
You will gain a wealth of experience in how to engage with customers, deal with concerns and ultimately gain an understanding of the way in which the sales cycle works in this highly competitive industry.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Liable for the Enterprise Group Consulting UK&I Sales Order Booking Process – working with the sales and booking team, sending orders through for booking each month.
- Responsible for updating the Forecast File daily with the progress of each order and filtering updates to management.
- Understanding the breakdown of the sector’s current position against the monthly budget and flash – providing advice accordingly.
- Sales Support — Responsibilities will include assisting the sales team in any ad hoc tasks, managing and updating account lists, producing forecast/pipeline reports etc.
- Special Assignments — May be required to work on a series of large and small scale projects throughout your year at HPE.
- Organise and attend regular meetings with management and sales team.
- Customer Relationship Building — both internal and external customers.
Education & Experience:
- We are looking for high calibre candidates that are currently studying a business related degree course at University and are expected to achieve a minimum of a 2:1 grade. Potential interns must be in their 2nd year of a 4 year degree which requires (or has an option for) year 3 to be a 1 year’s industrial placement
- A candidate who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and can lead by example even in the most demanding of situations.
- You will be working in a constantly changing and fast paced environment therefore you must present skills that show your willingness to adapt to any situation that may arise. Being keen and a willingness to jump in are key.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint is essential. Experience in database management would be beneficial.
- No primary experience in sales is necessary however, you must have solid record of past work experience and/or participation in meaningful extra-curricular activities.
- A car is not essential for this role however it may prove to be beneficial as you may be required to travel to customer sites in order to help build customer relationship.
In addition to the above educational requirements, Students must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement on or about July 2017.
Core Skills & Competencies:
- Willingness to want to grow & develop with Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office package to a high standard (particularly Excel).
- Good teamwork skills and an ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work independently, good time management & organisational skills – very important.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good use of initiative – proactive.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top