Sales Finance Manager
Sales Finance Manager
Provide dedicated business and financial support for the sale of Nimble Storage products and services through Hewlett Packard Enterprise direct and indirect sales channels. In this position, the Sales Finance Manager will provide financial leadership, analysis and insight to the Sales organization and to Sales and Finance management to enable the achievement of financial objectives, drive sales productivity and operational efficiency, and influence key business decisions. Reports to Nimble Storage finance management.
- Lead monthly / quarterly forecasting process; participate in month-end closing and reporting activities; perform variance analysis; ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and analysis to the business; partner with sales operations and finance in ensuring all sales expenses (e.g. headcount planning, commissions, consulting) are understood and recorded accurately; prepare executive review presentation materials; present to executives and other audiences.
- Collaborate with Sales and Finance management to drive annual sales planning activities and establish long term strategic plans and objectives; consult with business leaders to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., long-term business planning, product analysis and development, balancing risk, approving significant deals, etc.).
- Drive key aspects of the integration of the Nimble Storage sales organization into the HPE global sales organization; assess the progress of the integration and identify opportunities for improvement as needed.
- Act as the finance point of contact for the sales team when analyzing the revenue recognition and legal aspects of customer contracts, including liaison with the revenue and legal teams as needed.
- Maintain strong cross-functional partnership with sales leadership team and other business teams; act as a key financial advisor to sales management and influence decisions on strategic initiatives regarding the sale of Nimble Storage products and services through HPE direct and indirect channels; ensure that sales people are informed of sales best practices and held to those standards.
- Lead complex financial analysis regarding the sales of Nimble Storage products and services, exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Provide leadership during implementation of business-wide programs and products.
- Proactively drive process improvement initiatives that impact the sales function.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree and/or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of finance experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility.
- At least three years of experience in enterprise IT sales finance or sales operations.
- At least two years of experience in a supervisory and/or project leadership role.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of enterprise IT sales management best practices, including staffing, quotas and commissions.
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, catered to a wide variety of audiences; strong executive presence.
- Excellent project/program management skills.
- Excellent business acumen and consulting, influence and negotiation skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
About Nimble Storage:
Nimble Storage develops predictive all-flash and hybrid-flash storage solutions that provide fast and reliable access to data. Nimble Storage was acquired by HPE in April 2017 and operates as part of the HPE Storage business. The acquisition of Nimble strengthened HPE's leadership in Hybrid IT and created a comprehensive, leading-edge storage portfolio by bringing together Nimble's predictive flash offerings with HPE's 3PAR, SimpliVity and MSA products.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top