Sales Executive - Managed Services
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is looking for an experienced IT Managed Services Sales Executive with experience selling to the Ontario Provincial Government. This role is a permanent position based in Toronto, Ontario.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Enterprise Services (HPE ES) is a leading global technology services provider delivering out sourcing services and business solutions to clients around the world. HPE ES founded the information technology outsourcing industry nearly a half-century ago and today delivers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services available on the market today.
The successful candidate for this position will join a team of Sales Executives and be responsible to lead deal teams and represents HPE to the customer for outsourcing. If you are ready for a senior leadership role selling to large organizations and you have Financial knowledge and experience this position IS for you!!
- New Business Acquisition – Aggressively searches for opportunities in new or existing accounts, expanding business in a way that ensures profitability for HPE. Where relevant, working in tandem with ES Business Development team.
- Leads Opportunity Qualification – Understands the client and what they need to accomplish. Assesses feasibility ofpursuing an opportunity.
- Opportunity Development – Creates and executes on competitive strategy through understanding competitive presence and strength. Identifies and mitigates risk to HPE of proceeding.
- Opportunity Closure – Defines and positions well-targeted solutions to generate customer acceptance and meet their
business case, develop internal HPE buy-in, and ultimately wins the deal.
- Responsible for assembling all required resources/skills to develop proposal, pursue and win large international Outsourcing deals.
- Coordinates all deal team efforts with sponsorship of Canadian ES Leadership Team.
- Responsible for validating/endorsing the technical solution for the deal. Works with delivery to assure that solution design can be properly delivered.
- Develops deal timeline and ensures that pursuit team meets deal milestones and deadlines.
- Leads pursuit team in developing and substantiating a winning value proposition that meets the needs of the customer, including analyzing critical business drivers and risks.
- Works closely with the pursuit team/account team to develop a relationship plan for the engagement, managing and planning interactions with all stakeholders and influencers of a decision.
- Once the deal is signed, work closely with the transition manager to ensure the metrics are right; financial metrics, tax
and accounting processes are developed and implemented globally.
- Lead the end to end contracting process through to delivery handover.
- Knowledge Transfer – Establishes HPE credibility with clients, educates account teams in ES capability, and provides an interface between HPE and its customer base for business growth
- Industry / geographic focus
- Assess and quantify risk, for customer projects and programs.
- Make decisions on program staffing resource planning.
- Is assigned to a number of engagements and focused on driving in year revenue.
- Frequently represents the organization to other businesses within the company and to external customers/clients.
- Acts as subject matter expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods
Education and Experience Required:
- 8 years directly related experience in Outsourcing and/typically 10 years in complex IT service business environment.
- Experience selling to Public Sector at the Provincial level in Ontario.
- Has extensive experience working with clients at the C-level within the Ontario Provincial Government.
- University or Bachelor’s degree; advanced University degree preferable.
- Demonstrate business, technical, or functional knowledge at the mastery level, as well as administration or operations knowledge.
- Demonstrate knowledge of at least one of the seven ES Practices (e.g. Workload & Cloud, Mobility and Workplace, Apps Services & Programs)
- Strong understanding of global Finance or HR negotiation and contracting issues and regulations.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- High level of vertical industry knowledge in multiple key industry IT domains.
- Able to negotiate deals where HP is not the low-cost provider.
- In-depth vertical solution expertise.
- In-depth customer knowledge.
- IS/IT management expertise.
- Business/financial management expertise.
- Acts as a Strategic Partner, Trusted Advisor.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top