Sales Engineer(Graduate Program)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking several Sales Engineers in our Enterprise Group Sales Organization. These individual will have the ability to change the world and will work directly with HPE Peers, Sales Reps, Partners, and Clients, you will be able to design HPE technology-based solutions that include Hybrid IT, Servers, Networking, Storage, Software and Virtualization products to the most interesting and vexing IT business challenges today. You will become the face of HPE’s technical sales team to our valued Customers. Our Sales Engineers work directly with HPE’s Sales Reps providing technical expertise, solution advice, proposals creation, presentations delivery and other fun and exciting customer related communications.
Would you like to jump start your career right away? Great news….. HPE is offering a unique Sales Engineer Mentoring program designed specifically for recent college graduates. Join other graduates in this strategically vital training program where in 1 year, you will learn up to 5 years of Consulting and Sales Engineering skills, preparing you for a position on our Presales team.
So what is this College Mentoring program and why is HPE offering it?
This program is an accelerated learning and mentoring program designed specifically to provide valuable training, mentoring and experience for recent college graduates interested in joining our exciting Presales Solution Architect team. During the mentoring program, you will be based in our Primary Solution Center ideally located in the Alpharetta suburb of Atlanta Georgia. There you will learn HPE technology via hands-on practice under the guidance of our Senior Architecture Leads. The program is structured around a rotational schedule designed to give you hands-on experience with all HPE Technologies. After completing the Technical Mentorship, you will be advanced to a Field Sales Office where you will continue your Mentorship working alongside one of our exceptional field based Solution Architects. These locations are spread across the US offering numerous opportunities in many exciting cities. At the conclusion of the program, you will possess the skills and abilities to work as a professional Solution Architect.
Some of the key activities that our Dream Team of Technical Consultants perform today and that you, too, will one day perform include:
- Become the Technical expert and valued partner with HPE Sales Team members.
- Creates solution proposals, presentations, and other customer communications
- Gathers customer business needs to tailor the right solution with the right HP products to help the customer succeed.
- Links the business need to the proposed IT Solution
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention and addressed those areas
- Combats competitive threats in accounts and educates the customer on HPE’s key values and benefits
- Anticipates potential challenges for the proposed project plan and brings those to the customer attention with a resolution
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design
- Engages with peers and partners on technical matters and helps educate others on HPE’s key value and benefits.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Masters required with strong preference for a Major or Minor in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, IT, Information Systems or similar. Other degrees will be considered.
- Experience in sales a plus
- Consulting experience, especially with customers regarding their technical requirements
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Passion for technology
- Motivated to solve Business and Technical problems
- Has a desire to go in depth on technical solutions
- Has had hands-on knowledge with some of the current industry leading technology (in a classroom or real world setting)
- Demonstrates an ability to learn new technologies and effectively communicate those concepts to others
- Excellent intrapersonal
- Excellent communication
- Demonstrates good questioning techniques and effective interpretation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team on large complex projects
- Possesses an effective presentation capability with both small and medium sized audiences
- Highly motivated team player
- Entrepreneur minded work ethic
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top