Manages a group of sales professionals in one or more of the Sales Functions (account management, territory sales, vertical industry, specialties). Responsible for setting the direction and managing the deliverables of the assigned sales team, and achieving revenue and expense objectives. Resolves customer problems and participates in important negotiations with key customers. Where appropriate, seeks to build strategic executive relationships externally with clients and internally within company, and partners with internal and external resources to develop best-in-class solutions for the customer. Manages the performance of individual contributors and the team overall, and grows and develops talent within the organization.
- Accountable for business growth, company market share and revenue increases.
- Coordinates all company sales activities in the area-of-control.
- Sets quota and goals for organizations.
- Develops tactics to generate new sales.
- Provides input to team on overall sales strategy, cost optimization, and disciplined process management (pipeline review, asset management, demo sales achievement, etc.).
- Ensures optimum sales coverage through direct and partner sales resources and different routes to markets.
- Develops sales resources and management talent to ensure a pipeline of qualified sales talent to support future growth. Implementation of master pipeline management.
- Builds lasting, consultative relationships with customer accounts.
- Proactive change management.
- Coach and support sales teams and leadership in developing key and/or difficult account opportunities
- Builds long-term growth opportunities using the Account Business Planning process.
- Develops the consultative, solution selling capability in their organization to develop compelling business cases to differentiate and highlight the value of the company's broad portfolio.
- Ensures resource deployment encompasses end-to-end selling support (solution partners, SA, ISR, resellers, etc)
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the vertical segment and provides external leadership to industry, community, press.
- Engages Global Business Unit Sales Teams (Specialists, Channel Partners, and Alliance Partners) to fully leverage all of the company's products and technology offerings
- Creates and manages resource plan including staffing of country sales team to ensure pursuit and closure of opportunities, and perpetuation the existing installed base revenue.
- Balances short term with long term planning and resource investment
- Demonstrates thought leadership by directing the customer's application of technology to new business problems.
- Creates a performance driven culture that ensures the company has the best IT sales force in the industry.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree, advanced university or Master's degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of sales and progressive management experience.
- 10-15 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated results in growing a business or expanding a market.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strategic Sales Planning & Implementation - Provides input to the development of strategic sales plans that reflect the company's business strategy to advance market share/penetration and achieve profitable growth.
- Budget Management & Cost Optimization - Manages within set spending parameters to protect the company's business and sales assets, and ensures their effective engagement.
- P&L Management - Sets and manages the business investments and resource allocations essential to ensuring the financial growth of business group. Should focus on balance sheet. Optimized operation to improve balance sheet position.
- Vertical Industry Acumen - Develops and exercises a profound understanding of business dynamics within area of control, as a basis for informed business decision making.
- Workforce Planning - Executes acquisition and development strategies targeted to ensuring workforce readiness, and market opportunity responsiveness.
- Execution Management - Collaborates effectively with the company's BUs and value chain partners to ensure operational responsiveness to challenges, and alignment with business imperatives. Acts decisively once decision is taken.
- C-Level Partnering - Contributes to enduring executive relationships that establish the company's consultative professionalism and promotes its total solution capabilities at the highest levels of the client's organization. Acts as the escalation point for customer issues.
- Competitive Positioning/Strategy - Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions.
- Solution Selling - Approaches selling from a business solution perspective to ensure that company products and services accurately address the client's true business need in terms of type, scope, level.
- Business and Financial Acumen - Exhibits authoritative business and financial acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations; Understands the portfolio aspect of the company's products/services and how the businesses work together. Understands the balance sheet drivers of channel partners and balances with company requirements.
- Change Management - Acts as an advocate for innovation and change across the organization.
- Problem Solving - Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
- Global Presence - Represents the company on global accounts with the cultural sensitivity and business maturity appropriate to the high degree of corporate access and level of responsibility involved.
- Leadership - Able to lead effectively in a complex and political environment, and deliver results; Able to influence without direct authority; Able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative; Able to drive team performance to best in class; Able to create and build highly effective sales teams and organization; Able to communicate effectively across multiple levels in client organizations, the company and the industry.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top