Sales Consultant, Services
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
- Actively prospects within accounts to discover, cultivate and close solutions sales opportunities.
- Establishes a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Work with the client up to IT management level.
- Contribute to building of the pipeline by generating leads and referrals and new customer opportunities within specialty area.
- Formulates and expands solutions to generate additional services revenue.
- Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.
- Works internally with all stake holders to fulfill his own objective of addressing customer requirements leading to business for HPE
- Continuously update industry and technology learning to ensure relevance to customers
Scope and Impact:
- Creates the right sales strategy and plan for achieving quota in his/her set of defined accounts.
- Works with the rest of specials sales and coverage sales team to achieve his objective.
- Account size: Will be either Bharti Airtel or Large and mid-sized private sector/ Corporate accounts
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer and higher level customer interface.
- Detailed knowledge of key customer types or customers on given products.
- Typically 3-5 years of experience in specialty sales.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- In depth knowledge about product, service, solution and differentiators between own offerings and what competitor’s offerings.
- Applies specialized technical product/service/ solution knowledge in working with account teams to screen and prioritize multiple leads for feasibility.
- Use knowledge in specialty, and consultative selling skills, to proactively help customers with making IT business decisions.
- Assesses solution feasibility from a technical and business perspective to determine “qualify-in”/“qualify-out” status
- Solid communication and presentation skills within IT at the manager level.
- Product demonstration, customer training, product installation skills. (for product specialty roles)
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of specialty – product, service, solution — from proposal to contract sign-off.
- Have enough knowledge about a product, service or solution to be able to qualify a deal.
- Negotiation of profitable deals so that the company can expand opportunities based on existing business and increase footprint and revenue.
- Opportunity prospecting as related to specialty area and in expanding existing client business, in order to generate leads/referrals to account team.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Regular use of Siebel updating deal profile and forecasting accurately.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top