SaaS DevOps Support Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology tohave a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPEbrings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructureto serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents.HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive businessvalue, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are amongthe most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of ourHPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you willhave many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignmentopportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate yourlearning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring“program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generationworkforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services thatallow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations,optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize securitythreats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growingbusiness unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design andimplementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the softwarelandscape and HPE is leading the way.
Manageand operate cutting edge SaaS delivered solutions in a complex multi-layerenterprise environments. Provide high level (Tier3) technical support andguidance to HPE SaaS customers and internal teams around the world.
Workclosely and effectively with a worldwide team of engineers, and collaboratewith R&D and Product teams, to assist our international customer base intaking advantage of their SaaS based solutions.
- Responsible for managing HPESaaS solutions across multiple environments and data centers.
- Managing and supportingstaging and production farms including customer instances.
- Troubleshoot availability,performance and functional issues, patch upgrades, major upgrades, customermigrations.
- Implement new monitoringcapabilities to achieve full visibility on production environment.
- Performing maintenanceactivities.
- Production changes andincident management.
- Support application issues andcollaborate with other teams within SaaS, to provide acceptable workarounds /solutions.
- Service Request fulfillmentand tailoring.
- Be the voice of the customer,by providing feedback to Product/R&D teams related tofunctionality/usability issues.
- Assist customers in setup andconfiguration, of existing/new product functionalities.
- Classify product issues, andreport relevant bugs to R&D.
- Document, manage and maintainproduct knowledge received from R&D.
- Provide product technicaltraining to lower tiers and groups.
- Ensure SaaS standards are inplace.
- Experience with Windows, Unix and Linuxservers.
- QA/Testingskills are desired.
- Knowledge of good practices in a scalable and highly available infrastructure
- Experience with APIs, XML,Jenkins.
- Knowledge of databases (SQL Server, Oracle).
- Familiarwith Linux command line
- Knowledge of web applications,SaaS based applications, basic configurations and troubleshooting client sideissues.
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum andWaterfall development methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding ofnetworking (Firewall, Load balancer, DNS).
- Knowledge of Java (basic).
- Working on a multi-layerenterprise application.
- Ability to analyze and debugcomplex systems and integrations.
- Excellent customer facingcommunication skills.
- A fast self-learner, teamplayer and ability to adapt to a changing application/platform.
- Ability to effectively articulate technicalchallenges and solutions.
- Knowledgein monitoring and instrumenting mobile and web applications, and other monitoringtools (Site scope preferred).
- Bachelor degree in computer sciences/ technology.
- At least 2 year experiencewith maintaining and supporting web based applications.
- At least 2 year experience ina technical customer facing role (internal/external).
- Excellent written/spokenEnglish.
- Agile development environmentknowledge and/or experience.
HewlettPackard Enterprise Values:
Partnershipfirst: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long termrelationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Biasfor action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovatorsat heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthroughadvancements
Whatdo we offer?
Extensivesocial benefits, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett PackardEnterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is toprovide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving careeropportunities.
If youare looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment,then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via ourCareers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
Youcan also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top