S4/HANA Finance Director
S4/HANA Finance Director
Finance functions include GL, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Expense Reporting, IC, Tax, Global Trade, Master Data, Management Reporting, Revenue recognition, Product Costing, Inventory Management, etc.
- Manage and lead a team of finance professionals. Oversees Finance project managers and process expert resources engagement in the S4/HANA implementation
- Ensure delivery of qualitative solutions and timely project completion.
- Ensure financial process architecture compliance and integrity (AFM, SOX, GAAP, SBC, etc.) on Finance IT, SCIT, and Sales Ops IT Assets·
- Provide financial leadership to achieve cost savings goals as part of the project roadmap.
- Partner with Business and IT, drive and influence decision-making.
- Typically partner with Managers, Directors, VPs, and SVPs.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree and/or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 15+ years of experience in a finance function or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of business.
- Typically 10+ years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior ability to provide finance consultation to senior managers and executives within area of expertise.
Superior understanding of Sales Ops and SCIT, and Finance ERP systems.
Experience with S4/HANA implementation.
Superior understanding of Q2C & P2P Finance accounting principles and processes (inv acctg/product costing, revenue, AP/AR/etc)
Experience in developing innovative solutions and services to solve complex and diverse business problems.
Successful experience in delivering against aggressive timelines, continuous change, and challenging expectations.
Demonstrated ability to build strong team and partner relationships and to recognize and capitalize on organizational synergies
Demonstrated success in effective change management.
Excellent project management and prioritization skills.
Excellent people management skills, including managing virtual teams across geographies.
Strong communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences.
Excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills.
Self initiating, self managing and self evaluating.
Exceptional leadership, mentoring, staff development, and team building skills.
Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results
Evaluates the impact of alternative business strategies on SC Finance and up/down stream processes
Supports the cross-functional management team in the development of effective business project plans and strategic roadmaps
Understands and effectively applies process knowledge to drive operational excellence and process compliance, efficiency and standardization.
Manages the value delivery system and drives capability variant reduction
IT Infrastructure Support
Approver of OM, SC, and Finance Capabilities; Influences IT programs/projects and infrastructure support strategies related to Q2C, P2P, R2R Finance
Risk Assessment and Planning
Evaluates, develops and proposes appropriate risk plans to protect the company from project or systems production issues
Financial Rules and Regulations
Consistently reviews practices and applies regulatory accounting, tax, and legal best practices in all transactions
Tax Planning and Compliance Assurance
Provides guidance and oversight related to trading structures and legal entity flows
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top