Revenue Recognition Senior Financial Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
- Provides complex and occasionally highly complex financial analysis for a financial function or a business, typically exercising a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope.
- Real-time consultation during deal negotiation & customer solution development to ensure deal terms & conditions comply with revenue recognition rules & other policy areas.
- Research of GAAP requirements & presentations to corporate policy/revenue recognition teams.
- Ensuring compliance with software, service and multiple element revenue recognition rules.
- Broader services policy compliance & implementation of other services related accounting policies.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and policy development and engages in the design.
Education and skills:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g.,
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- Typically 6 years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
- Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Intermediate level Spanish language skills
- Intermediate level Portuguese language skills
- Intermediate level English language skills
- Possesses strong US GAAP technical accounting and compliance knowledge.
- Ability to partner with operational and finance teams at all levels exercising judgment in policy application during solution development.
- Research accounting issues on proposed projects and transactions and provide guidance on the proper accounting treatment.
- Experience in developing, improving and executing financial policy and procedures.
- Understanding of the services and technology industry with experience in a large multinational corporate environment.
- Communication of policy application implications to new and evolving services business models.
- Strong program management, written, oral, interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, be deadline-oriented with strong skills in resource management, planning, consulting, and organization.
- Eye for detail and accuracy.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office)
We offer extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top