Revenue Recognition Consultant
- Provides revenue recognition guidance in a worldwide services organization
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business leaders to guide and influence decision-making within a limited scope.
- Provides analytic support to business initiatives.
- Supports policy and process improvement and identifies opportunities.
- Identifies issues and proposes solutions to a more senior individual contributor or manager.
- Represents finance on cross functional teams.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to entry level analysts.
- Ability to influence multiple cost centers within a broad scope, typically interacting with managers and directors.
As a Finance Project Manager you would be responsible for the project management of special projects inside of the finance function. You would work directly with the project sponsors to plan all aspects of project development. In this role you would work with and influences other groups and functional areas in defining policy, procedures, or systems. You would also exercise creativity in the design, development, or improvement of major functional processes.
Responsibilities may include the following depending upon job level:
- Project requirement development
- Project scoping/budgeting
- Building and maintaining project timeline
- Ensure deadlines are meet
- Manage and monitor resources and schedules.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the project.
- Ensure the effective timely delivery of the project and highlight any concerns.
- Maintain regular contact with project stakeholders.
- Ensure quality and high standards are maintained at all times.
- Organize, brief and supervise quality control.
- Ensure clear communications throughout the project.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Typically 4 years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Understanding of US GAAP and related revenue recognition guidance preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Good business acumen.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top