Resident Engineer - Overland Park, KS
The Company is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for various future opportunities as Resident Engineers.
In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, completing a profile will allow us to evaluate your qualifications and interests and will allow us to stay connected.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Resident Engineer to join our team.
The Resident Engineer role and responsibilities are primarily focused upon providing ongoing technical support and advisory services to HPE-Aruba customers for HPE- Aruba product and solutions.
- Providing Post-Deployment technical support
- Proactively analyzing and recommending ways to optimize and utilize on the customer’s Aruba investment.
- Assessing and escalating technical issues in support of HPE-Aruba TAC and Product Engineering organizations
- Collaboration in the development of mobility solutions; building test beds; conducting verification & validation testing; developing performance benchmarks
- Actively seek to education and expand customer HPE-Aruba technical expertise through informal workshops, coaching sessions, design reviews, and documentation for customer use
- Ability to integrate as part and be accepted as part of the customer engineering and operations team
- Ability to quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on customer issues with HPE-Aruba products
- Ability to continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer
- Team with the HPE-Aruba Sales Team and be engaged in their work with the customer
- Ability to operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving
- Maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer
- At least 7-10 years practical Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking and at least 3-5 years practical hands on WLAN and 802.11 experience and expertise.
- Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks; which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security, authentication, certificates, remote access, network access controls, and IP network management
- Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level).
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking.
- Experience in consulting network engineer role, preferred.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Project management experience/skills/background, a plus
- Experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution.
- Ability to be on-site at customer premises regularly.
- Experience in identification of potential opportunities to for additional HPE-Aruba business
- Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments
- Methodical approach to trouble resolution
- Comfortable with non-standard work schedule.
- Attain Aruba certifications (ACMA, AWMP, ACCP, ACMP, ACCX)
- SFDC Services
- NetScout AirMagnet™ Survey PRO and Spectrum XT
- Wildpackets OmniPeek™ Protocol Analysis
- LINUX, XML, HTML, Powershell, Orchestrator
- Overland Park, KS / Kansas City, KS
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top