Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leadingprovider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a ResidentEngineer to join our team.
The Resident Engineer role andresponsibilities are primarily focused upon providing ongoing technical supportand advisory services to HPE-Aruba customers for HPE- Aruba product andsolutions.
- Providing enterprise network improvement engineering support for wiredand wireless networking.
- Proactively analyzing and recommending ways to optimize and utilize onthe customer’s enterprise WAN-LAN infrastructure.
- Assessing and baselining the enterprise network by identifying andusing network data to develop quantitative analysis reports.
- Performing protocol and packet analysis of customer applications tobenchmark performance and application routing.
- Design of layer 2 and 3 switching and routing; building configurationsin routers and switches, and testing configurations with applications foroptimum performance.
- Expertise and experience configuring Aruba, HPE, Cisco, Juniper, PaloAlto, and other major networking equipment products.
- Bring technical project management skills and experience to helpingdefine and build project plans to implement and improved enterprise networkinfrastructure.
- Understand and be able to apply security policies into the enterprisenetwork.
- Actively seek to education and expand customer HPE-Aruba technicalexpertise through informal workshops, coaching sessions, design reviews, anddocumentation for customer use
- Minimum of Seven (7) years practical Layer 2 and Layer 3internetworking experience required.
- Minimum of Three (3) years practical hands on WLAN and 802.11experience and expertise required
- Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wirelessnetworks; which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security,authentication, certificates, remote access, network access controls, and IPnetwork management required.
- Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level) required.
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures anddesigns; mobile networking, and cloud networking required.
- Ability to attain Aruba certifications (ACMA, AWMP, ACCP,ACMP, ACCX) required.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written required.
- Experience working in customer technical support roles;assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolutionrequired.
- Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environmentsrequired.
- Methodical approach to trouble resolution required.
- Ability to be on-site at customer premises regularlyrequired.
- Comfortable with non-standard work schedule.
- Experience in identification of potential opportunities tofor additional HPE-Aruba business requied.
- Experience in consulting network engineer role, preferred.
- Project management experience/skills/background, a plus.
- Experience using SFDC Services preferred.
- Experience with NetScout AirMagnet™ Survey PRO and SpectrumXT preferred.
- Experience with Wildpackets OmniPeek™ Protocol Analysispreferred.
- Knowledge of LINUX, XML, HTML, Powershell, Orchestratorpreferred.
- New York, NY
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard EnterpriseCompany
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard EnterpriseCompany, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions forthe mobile enterprise. The company designs and delivers Mobility-DefinedNetworks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvyusers who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personalcommunication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can relyupon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performanceoptimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual ITintervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and loweroperational costs.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is an equalopportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO isthe Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE#HewlettPackardEnterprise
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top