Research and Intelligence Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity
Jobdescription: – HPE Market Intelligence Consultant
The Marketing Strategy, Analytics and Operations organization has identified a need for a Market Intelligence Consultant to supplement our extended team in this important area and meet the demand for field/channel focused competitive positioning deliverables as well as contribute towards strategy & planning initiatives that will guide senior sales and marketing leaders in their business planning efforts.
Overall, the challenge involves analyzing the competitors’ offerings and strategies related to HP Online Storage, identifying areas of differentiation and developing effective positioning tools for the HPE field organization and Channel Partners to increase sales and market share for HPE. Set priorities in alignment with the BU product and EG competitive teams.
Analyze industry market trends and provide guidance on market sizing and share for emerging growth segments
Maintain a competitive deliverables plan, provide timely and accurate competitive positioning, deliver training, and serve as a knowledge expert regarding the competition with a primary focus on Online Storage to serve the needs of HP worldwide and in the regions. Competitors include EMC, Dell, NetApp, IBM, Symantec, et al.
This role will also require the integration and coordination of content into the various activities and deliverables taking place throughout Enterprise Group (servers, storage, networking, converged systems, solutions, technology services). It requires up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape in the storage market.
Specific areas to be covered in this role are: SAN, NAS, Storage Virtualization, Hyper-converged appliances, Storage Networking & Storage Software concepts (Snapshots, Replication, De-duplication, Recovery, Archival& Restore) .
As part of the team this person will work closely with other experts across the solution portfolio to cover the different competitive aspects, while taking ownership of the final deliverables and effective communication to the audience(s).
Provide support for the following CI deliverables based on defined priorities: Competitive Newsflashes, competitive briefs/presentations, Battlecards, The Real Story, responses to competitive announcements
- Should be an expert in secondary research
- Excellent analytical and effective communication capabilities.
- Experience working with senior management and participating in cross-functional teams.
- Flair for innovative solutions and positioning.
- Up-to-date knowledge of IT infrastructure requirements and competitive landscape in the technology services market.
- Skills include negotiation, communication, presentation, writing, ability to influence others, problem solver, proactive attitude and project management skills.
- Team player with can-do attitude.
- Fluency in English.
Experience and Background
- Master’s (graduate) degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering
Education and Experience Required:
- Business Analyst (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Marketing; Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- 5 years marketing and research experience
- Project management experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- In-depth knowledge of marketing fundamentals and tools
- Working knowledge of research vendor management, agency practices and procedures
- Familiarity with and/or experience in segment marketing
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to manage virtual teams
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management and functional disciplines
- Strong ability to influence and drive consensus
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top