Regional Sales Lead – Service Providers
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
We are looking for individuals who are interested in joining the team that is winning the largest deals in the industry; helping build the new era of IT; and power the cloud. As an HPE Hyperscale Account Manager – Region Sales Lead you will be responsible to drive revenue growth and customer relationships across the service provider market. You will use specialized knowledge to prospect, qualify, negotiate, and close server opportunities. And you will be part of a team of professionals dedicated to each other’s success.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop long term sales pipeline to increase HPE’s share of wallet in key account
- Leverage internal sales team members and industry partners to seek out new opportunities
- Drive revenue growth and the ability to create and manage a strategic growth plan
- Develop and manage large accurate global forecasts on a weekly basis at 90-100 % working with regional account team members
- Establish a professional, working, and trusted-advisor based consultative, relationship with customers
- Maintain Hyperscale market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with customer and strategic partners
- Server Sales experience
- Has proven relationships with top 10 software/hardware companies
- Collaborative team player – will often have to take the lead driving multiple functions within HPE to the same goal – solving problems or winning business
- Strong follow up skills – meeting notes, action plans, tracking progress: project management skill set, basically
- Ability to work independently and be self -motivated
- Strong PowerPoint, Word & Excel skill set
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree
- Sales professional with 5-10 plus years in the information technology industry with a proven track record of success
- Hyperscale/server/IT infrastructure sales experience is a plus
- Previous experience selling server products preferred
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface
- Viewed as expert in given field by company and customer
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must be viewed as an expert in the company; sought out by other sales representatives and/or first level managers for input
- Know strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in account and how to leverage this knowledge in the account
- Use expertise in specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client’s business needs with solution
- In-depth knowledge of client’s business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure
- Demonstrate leadership and initiative in successfully driving Server sales in accounts -prospecting, managing cross-functional teamwork, problem management, negotiating and closing deals
- Strategic planning on a business development level; can build an effective business case reflecting the value of an appropriate strategy
- Balance strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable revenue stream
- Use C-level engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to offer value-add solutions to the client
- Demonstrate the ability to leverage HPE’s portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions
- Understand/master the ability to leverage regional HPE ecosystems (inside sales, supply chain, etc) to deliver on business targets and customer needs
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top