Regional Public Sector Chief Technologist
Regional Public Sector Chief Technologist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
We have an exciting opportunity for an APJ Public Sector Senior Technical Consultant for our team. The public sector market segment is an important one for Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE). With over 50 years of close collaboration with our public sector customers all around the world, we have a wealth of solution offerings comprising of servers, storage, networking and system software & technology services for the healthcare, education, public transportation, power and defense & security sub-sectors.
The strategic imperative of HPE is to simplify Hybrid IT, empower the intelligent edge, enable data analytics and providing the expertise to architect the entire IT solutions to provide services to the student, patient, commuter, tax payer and citizen.
The candidate we are looking for must possess regional customer engagement experience in the Asia Pacific Japan region, with focus on the public sector. Experience with selling solutions into the above mentioned sub-sectors would be required. Candidate with smart city-related experience would be preferred.
Candidate must possess the skills and experience to be able to architect solutions specific to a public sector customer's requirements, develop reference architectures blueprints and other technical collateral for the various public sector sub-verticals. Last but not least, he/she has to enable HPE's sales as well as partner teams in the Asia Pacific Japan region to be able to effectively sell to the region's Public Sector customers.
Candidate must have at least 10 years' work experience in the IT industry. Preference would be for candidate to have worked for at least a Fortune 500 IT vendor for a number of years. A minimum university degree is required.
- Provide the regional technical leadership to the APJ countries' Account Team Units, in particular the Enterprise Architects by
- Setting the strategy and activities for solutions development & scaling
- Engaging selected focused PS strategic customer accounts and opportunities and
- Scaling through sales/partners enablement and marketing activities.
- Focused PS sub-verticals includes healthcare, education, defense, infrastructure / transportation, admin services.
- Grow penetration and Share of Wallet of reference PS customers by developing through workshops and other like activities, in conjunction with the local teams, the strategic roadmap for selected reference customers.
- Contribute to enduring executive relationships that establish HPE's consultative professionalism and promote its total solution capabilities by working with internal supporting HPE functions; primarily the presales teams, the Technology Services (Support and Consulting) and the strategic alliance teams..
- Maintains broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with Customer Executives, with focus on the education, healthcare and transportation sectors, including Smart Cities and large IT infrastructure projects
- Assists the GM of APJ Public Sector, to lead APJ regional initiatives of Thought Leadership / Executive Events (World Cities Summit, ITS, HIMSS etc), Solutions/Accounts development for the various PS sub-verticals, Engaging and closing flagship needle $ moving deals to achieve sales quotas and sales enablement of the PS Ecosystem including both sales and partner teams
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree; Advanced University or MBA preferred.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Prior selling experience includes multiple, diverse set of selling responsibilities.
- Viewed as expert in given field by company and customer.
- Considered a mentor of selling strategy, including designing strategy.
- Typically 12+ years of related sales experience.
- Project management skills preferred.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top