Regional Finance Lead, Technology Services
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
- Accountable for driving and exceeding the financial budget including warranty
- Running the day to day financial operation (not limiting to)
- Matching/Reconciliation of AR/AP to ensure we only pay our supplier upon receipt of customer payment at customer and invoice level
- Act as the finance single point of contact with HPE Biz team/Concierge team/ Legal/ Tax/Controllership/AR/AP/others
- Customer Biz team/Concierge team/ Legal/ Tax/Controllership/AR/AP/others
- Manage and resolve disputes between different stakeholders
- Submit FDE/Act/FLASH/Budget activities
- FLASH submission per FP&A requirement
- WD5 review with L3 WW Finance Vice President
- Ensure the financial accounting in HPE China is in compliance with HPE Accounting & Financial Manual (AFM), US GAAP and China regulatory
- Complex accounting environment, combination of net/gross in management and legal book
- Remaining contracts have complex project sign off and payment milestones
- Ensure warranty accounting is being executed per Global HPE warranty accounting process
- Lead, advise, design and execute global inbound and outbound deal
- New and Complex Flexible Capacity/Data Center Care financial flow
- HPE entities vs China HPE (HP Financial Services vs HP Enterprise Services vs Technology Services) vs Customer
- Delivery countries vs negotiating countries
- Local invoicing vs central invoicing
- Coaching and mentoring of the project Shanghai financial analysts
- Lead, advise, design and execute Day 2 cut over plan
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of finance & accounting experience, of which at least 4 to 5 years in a similar capacity
- Understands Technology Services (TS) business: We need a leader who can direct the finance team in China and the Operation office staff
- Prior TS finance experience in China strongly preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel)
- Superior communication and influencing skills
- Superior teamwork skills
- Excellent business acumen
- Fluency in Mandarin, including reading and writing is essential, as this role is required to work and communicate with Chinese counterparts in China
- Drives and implements innovative solutions to unique problems
- Strong track record building relationships within HPE and customer
- Willingness to work on and provide input/consultation on activities outside of the TS scope
- A high-energy, entrepreneurial self-starter, independent decision maker; ability to work with minimum direct supervision or guidance from others;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving, teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Strong negotiation, collaboration, and relationship building skills;
- Ability to be hands on – get to details as and when required;
- Proven ability to manage priorities and conflicts;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and foster an environment for cross-functional & cross-cultural collaboration, knowledge sharing, and leverage across organizations and teams and achieve results in line with overall organization interest;
- Shows self-confidence, stamina, and courage;
- Flexibility (serving customers across geographies) and strong ability to handle ambiguity
- Implementation – ability to push aggressively and get things done.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top