Regional Chief Technology Officer/ Domain Executive – Manufacturing and Distribution Industries
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
APJ CTO (Manufacturing & Distribution) will be a key member of the Enterprise Group Vertical Sales team and an integral part of the APJ Manufacturing & Distribution vertical organization. The MDI CTO will provide deep understanding of its relevant industry segment and provide leadership to identify, engage, design and win significant Digitization projects, leveraging our portfolio & partner eco system. As a regional role, s/he will participate in industry platforms, connect internal stakeholders like BD & R/D heads with trends in the relevant domain while ensuring a state-of-the-art offering. Another part of the role is the constant screening of the market, our competitors as well as upcoming disrupting trends for HPE. Domain CTO will give HPE a face in the manufacturing & distribution vertical becoming a well-received speaker on panels & conferences. EBC/CEC briefings will be held by the Domain CTO as well as strong focus on the follow-ups in the local entities, enabling new incremental business.
As a thought leader focussed on new digitization technologies, Business Models, evolving market trends & opportunities, this role drives early stage/ incubation opportunities between HPE and strategic partners in the region. One of the key objective as a Domain CTO is also to drive innovative growth by driving a change in the customer’s perception of HPE in MDI and partner ecosystem. S/he will lead and help co-create solutions in the manufacturing & distribution industries by having a thorough understanding of the digitization business/models and opportunities of the accounts, drawing from his/her relationships with the Business Unit Chief Technologists, HPE Labs and BU innovation communities within HPE, major Partners in the Digitization ecosystems, Innovators and Industry Standardization Groups (platform).
The Domain CTO is “the” HPE representative for the client and will be required to embrace the full depth & breadth of HPE´s industry capabilities around the 4 major transformation areas and represent HPE to the client in a way to bring the full value of HPE to the clients’ digital innovation agenda. S/he is a recognized authority internally and externally on Digitization technology trends, 4 transformation areas in MDI, leading-edge technologies, theories, or techniques. S/he has a track record of defining innovative solutions to complex and critically sensitive business & technology issues affecting multiple disciplines and work groups in Global and Enterprise Accounts. S/he champions large transformation projects that help our customers achieve their long-range ‘digitization’ goals & objectives and ensures that expectations are correctly set.
The Domain CTO has the following responsibilities:
- Identify best impact innovation propositions/solutions leveraging HPEs transformation areas and HPEs portfolio capabilities as well as our vast partner ecosystem
- Based on the familiarity of ‘digitization’ technology and business trends in the client’s market, establish a POV (Point of View) and identify new opportunities.
- Review trends, processes, and technologies etc. that become available and could address some of the customer problems identified. For each of those, come up with scenario’s and use cases on how they could address them – enabling the field in spreading this
- Enable local capabilities to allow regular contacts with the clients business and IT management, assess the applicability of the approaches chosen and share the findings with their customers
- Document, share and broadcast ideas in the community, apply firewalled or under NDA approaches in sensitive markets
- Orchestrate the development of thought leadership presentations/white papers/ collaterals to be distributed across broader presales and sales communities.
- Based on market and client input, orchestrate feedback across the MDI sales / presales /partner communities and ensure that customer expectations are correctly set/ managed for HP capabilities.
- Ensure effective execution of HPE strategy into client opportunities. This and the above point relate to making sure HPE exploits the listening ears of the Chief Technologist community in defining strategy and then the CT community ensures a clean and optimal execution of HPE strategy once defined.
- Support the team in identifying break through sales opportunities with the customer (break through means in an area where HPE is not present to date)
- Domain CTO should bring experts from his/her ‘network’ into the appropriate client situation
The Domain CTO is an integral part of the APJ Manufacturing and Distribution vertical and is aligned to specific “Digitization” opportunities in APJ and account(s) leadership team(s). S/he will hold measures derived from the M&D business plan, including revenues, profit, breakthrough SOW and NPS. S/he should be measured on all business HPE does in the aligned opportunities and accounts on which they are focused so that they truly represent HPE and its partner ecosystem. Specific complementary measures could include focus on
- Incremental revenue associated with Domain CTO – Thought Leadership engagement and team Digitization thought – Leadership engagements (e.g. Connected Car for Automotive)
- Total pipeline of Digitization innovation based deals (mid and long term) across the board
- Number of presentations/ business model and digital innovations white papers developed by the CTO
- Number of self-driven customer interactions
- Customer feedback (both IT and business) and internal stakeholder feedback
- Partner feedback where possible/appropriate
Education and Experience required
- First level and Advanced / Masters University degree plus 15 years directly related experience working in the specific Industry or Technology and Solution creation and selling organization with global experience.
- Substantial experience with the 4 Transformation areas- in comprehensive sales and delivery engagements
- Understanding of Digital Economy and ability to assess and articulate Digitization Opportunities
- Industry recognized certification and presence in the Digitization community, Fellowship of External IIC/W3C and I 4.0 industry bodies (for Manufacturing and Distribution)
- Recognized as Industry and technology thought leaders in HPE or the external community.
- Has deep and broad experience employed in a number of organizations and cultures
- Professional services support and delivery experience a plus.
- Application development and support experience a plus.
- Multi-industry experience a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Expertise in creating a positive change in how customers perceive HPE innovation and the power of the HPE Transformation areas as well as the associated portfolio specifics
- Expert knowledge of emerging industry and/or digitization/ sensor /business model technology trends
- Solid, up to expert knowledge, of business model innovation methodologies ( e.g. Business Model and Business Value Canvas )
- Expert domain knowledge across a wide range of the HPE solution portfolio
- Understands and can articulate the relative strengths and weaknesses of the HPE solution portfolio relative to industry competitors and partner offerings. If an external hire then this attribute applies to their current organization’s offerings
- If an internal hire then have a great deal of credibility with HPE’s business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions
- Routinely develops and introduces new methods to resolve issues with innovative ideas.
- Effective executive presentations; mandatory.
- Excellent communication skills; mandatory.
- Proven ability at managing complex stakeholder maps
- Proven adeptness at partnering for business. It cannot just be all HPE. Effectively collaborates, builds relationships and influences team members to work toward common objectives across functions and groups.
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
- Handles multidisciplinary decisions and issues beyond the bounds of the assigned engagement but which impacts HPE’s success
- Recognized as a valued resource for consultation by executive management
- Demonstrates seasoned judgment in client business matters
Scope and Impact
- Contributes to breakthrough SoW growth in the Digitization Arena
- Contributions have major impacts across HPE and significant impacts on HPE’s long term business success
- Breadth of influence goes across multiple organizations within the Business and is sought, valued and used
- Successfully operates in the most complex technical and business disciplines and areas across the HPE portfolio- with ‘deep expert’ knowledge in a select subset/domain
- Proposes and/or delivers strategic engagement service/consulting which affect multiple disciplines, work groups and business units in the aligned Industries
- Demonstrated skills to manage a portfolio of projects or a program and to supervise other presales consultants and/or account teams on very large multifunction, multi-vendor projects
- Can lead large, partner-related projects that affect HPE’s long-term goals and objectives
- Regularly engages in projects with high to very high risk
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top