Regional Category Manager
Regional Category Manager
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) is one of the world's largest & most successful IT companies. With our corporate headquarters in Palo Alto, HPE is among the world's largest provider of IT infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to small-and-medium businesses and large enterprises including governments. We offer a diverse portfolio of products to more than 1,000 corporations and government clients in more than 90 countries. We know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success. We invest in your personal growth and development in an environment that will both challenge and reward you.
In order to drive this continued success through our talented workforce, we have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Category Manager to join the Storage Division.
The Category Management function defines and manages the product offering, positioning, and pricing across the product life cycle of a given portfolio, guiding the direct/indirect sales teams on such product related dimensions. They are responsible to plan the business objective for a specific portfolio, and to achieve this plan through on going adjustments of the product related decisions. Acts as the lead expert in competition product knowledge in all dimensions (product knowledge, pricing, marketing, customer requirements). Communicates, briefs, supports direct and indirect sales force on product strategies. Defines advertising, and demand generation priorities at strategic and tactical levels in partnership with the Marketing function. Sales compensated role. Quota is an overlay. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices.
- Superior understanding of the category product, business management and sales challenges and strategies.
- Actively contributes/leads the definition of the category business plan – for the Region, and supports building the same for Countries and Sub-regions/geographies
- Establishes relationships and represents team with sales force and other partners at senior level.
- Product line and quota responsibility for a significant share of the product range, or a specific customer segment.
- Functional responsibility for the team in one or several areas (market analysis, marketing engagement, SF communication etc, Market Share analysis and growth planning for Region/Sub-geographies).
- Leads a subset of the team. Leads overall engagement with one or several sales teams.
- Leads engagement/ partnership with external IT vendor.
- Product portfolio pricing, analysis & review, and necessary revisions as required for effective intra-line, and competitive positioning within respective geographies
- Drives Sales enablement efforts within HPE Sales force (Internal, Field Sales & Pre-Sales) and Channel Sales organizations, for product/solution selling, and positioning against Competition to win in the market place.
- Actively participates in the NPI activities (New Product Introduction) to ensure new products and enhancements on the product portfolio are smoothly incorporated into the Sales systems – Pricing, Support readiness, Spares, enablement, NPI communications, liaison with Analyst and PR Teams, etc.
- Interface with the Product GBU to ensure region requirements are supported and concerns are addressed, and communication on new initiatives, programs, Roadmap, etc, from the GBU are effectively rolled into the Country/Geography sales teams as needed
- Cross Functional engagement with Forecasting, Supply Chain, TS/Support, and Pricing teams for smooth execution of Region Business for the product portfolio
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelors degree in Marketing or Finance; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Typically 12+ years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred.
- Storage product experience preferred
- Data center solutions experience is an advantage
Knowledge and Skills:
- IT industry knowledge.
- Business planning skills, multidimensional.
- Financial planning and modelling skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting.
- Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally.
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners.
- Leadership skills and cross functional expertise – sales, supply chain, marketing.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top