Red Hat Consultant -Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At HPE, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes..
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Deployment, configure, and maintain the operating system
- Configure network functions and host name resolution in a static or dynamic way
- Schedule tasks using at & cron
- Configure systems to start automatically at a specific destination
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux automatically with Kickstart
- Configure a p
- hysical machine to host virtual guests
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems as virtual guests
- Configure systems to run virtual machines at startup
- Configure a system to use time services
- Install and update Red Hat Network software packages, a remote repository, or from the local filesystem
- Create a kickstart image for S.O.
- Generate and retrieve images of S.O.
- Analyze and identify performance issues
- Update the kernel package appropriately to ensure a bootable system
- Modify the system boot loader
- Enumerate, create, delete partitions on MBR and GPT disks
- Configure network redundancy, pass vlans and bridges to virtual machines
- Discover and scan LUNS without restarting the physical and virtual server
- Create and delete physical volumes, allocate physical volumes to groups of volumes, create and delete logical volumes
- Configure systems to mount file systems when booting using a universal unique ID (UUID) or tag.
- Add new partitions, logical volumes, and switch to a system in a nondestructive way
- Configure static routes, packet filtering and network address translation
- Configuring kernel run-time parameters
- Configure an Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) initiator
- Produce and deliver reports on the use of the system
- Use shell scripts to automate system maintenance tasks
- Configure logging on the system, including remote logging
- Configure a system for the provision of network services, including HTTP / HTTPS, FTP (file transfer protocol), NFS (network file system), SMB (server message block), Simple Transfer Protocol Mail), SSH (secure shell) and NTP (network time protocol)
- Set up Redhat subscriptions
- Installing, configuring, and managing Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager and all dependencies.
- Implementation of the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Platform
- Configuring the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment (data centers, clusters, and storage domains)
- Installing, managing and troubleshooting virtual machines (servers and desktops)
- Creation of virtual machine snapshots and study of high availability options
- Using templates for rapid deployment of virtual machines
- Protection of the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment with multilevel administrative roles
- Monitoring and creating custom reports
- Manage hypervisor hosts
- Configure storage (add, remove)
- Create Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines
- Develop groups and templates
- Configure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager Users
- Install and configure Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor to support guests and connect to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
- Import installation media for the creation of new virtual machines
- Perform administrative tasks such as collecting records, creating bookmarks for specific events, etc.
- Migration of virtual machines
- Movement of virtual machines between hosts
- Backup of virtual machines
- Cloning of virtual machines
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate degree holder (technical field) with 5- 7 years working experience in related fields desired.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Operating System.
- Linux(High Level)
- English fluence.
- Project Management
- Technology Knowledge
- Disaster Recovery
- High Availability
- Soft Skills
- Good interpersonal communication
- Effective Presentation
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top