R&D Hardware Engineer
R&D Hardware Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, we don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for you. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Company is a leading provider of next generation networking solutions for enterprises of all sizes worldwide. The company delivers IT Solutions that empower organizations to serve #GenMobile – mobile savvy users who rely on cloud-based business apps for every aspects of their work and personal lives. HPE Edgeline is a new dedicated line of server technology to capture the IOT market opportunity. We are currently looking for an experienced R&D Hardware Engineer.
Designs, analyzes, develops, modifies and evaluates electrical/electronic parts, components, sub-systems, algorithms, or integrated circuitry for electrical/electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Conducts feasibility studies, design margin and validation analyses and empirical testing on new and modified designs. Assists in architecture development and assessment. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, designs, and techniques used in production. May direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Leads multiple project teams of other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of electrical hardware design and development for complex products, solutions, and platforms, including design, validation, tooling and testing.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on electrical hardware design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall electrical/electronic hardware and platform leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the electrical hardware design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related areas of discipline
- 7-10 years of related experience, preferably in the technology industry
- Must have knowledge in high speed electronic board design / server design
- Experience and knowledge in embedded firmware engineering is a plus
- Strong technical leadership
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using electrical design tools (e.g. SPICE) and software packages (e.g. Cadence, Allegro)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of electronic hardware for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms into overall architecture.
- Evaluating and proposing forms of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate component, circuit, and hardware designs and thermal/emissions management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top