Quality Project Program Manager
Quality Project Program Manager
Job Family Description:
Leads programs and projects regarding implementation of Quality improvement strategies, measurement, and training. Supports leadership in driving quality culture and quality improvements within the organization. Responsible for identifying and improving process and program efficiency and effectiveness. Ensure that projects and programs align with the quality strategy and vision. Coaches and provides direction to the business or functional area on quality improvement projects in order to achieve desired business results. Projects are typically shorter-term, less complex and more contained with a defined time frame. Programs are typically longer-term, multi-functional, multi-project with complex requirements and effort.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
- Manages and leads a program involving multiple functions and project teams to promote quality culture and drive the quality improvement process for a product or service offering.
- Develops and directs development of schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program.
- Manages activities of supporting project teams and internal partners; ensures progress against established plan and makes determinations based on analysis of business information to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
- Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal development, manufacturing and service delivery partners to recommend and implement changes to product, processes, or business practices to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the organization.
Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Quality Management, Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent
- Project management certification such as PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma or other Quality certification preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen and successful experience managing all aspects of programs, including communicating with stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top