Quality Engineer, Dynamic Random Access Memory
Responsible to manage DRAM quality and reliability. Coordinate activities with internal teams to drive closure to issues. Works with suppliers to drive quality improvements. Drives upfront work with suppliers in addition to system interaction verification with supplies and internal teams. Ensures compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality and regulatory standards requirements for worldwide distribution. Designs methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products. Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to design, test, manufacturing, quality standards and procedures when necessary. Recommends performance objectives for engineering, test, manufacturing, product and design functions. May assure compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean Sigma and others).
- Program management and issue resolution with suppliers and manufacturing sites
- Manages supplier quality by reviewing data and driving actions to make improvements
- Drives upfront work during qualification phase to ensure system interaction verification and HP requirements compliance
- Leads project teams of other quality engineers and internal and outsourced development and manufacturing partners responsible for the design and integration of quality requirements, processes, and practices into the development, design, manufacturing, and continuous improvement of products and solutions
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners for quality, product manufacturing and development.
- Reviews and evaluates product and solution designs and production activities for potential quality issues; provides tangible feedback based on results and root-cause analysis and designs and implements solutions to improve product quality and mitigate risk of failures.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall product engineering leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the manufacturing engineering organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Lean, Six Sigma black belt or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 6 years experience managing DRAM quality in large organization
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong program management
- Deep technical semiconductor/DRAM expertise
- Extensive experience with using engineering tools and software packages to test, design, and evaluate products and processes
- Excellent analytical, statistics, and problem solving skills.
- Conducting reviews of material specifications, hardware and electrical component design and processes, and industry quality standards and methodologies
- Evaluating forms of empirical and root-cause analysis, modeling, testing methodologies, and quality standards to validate product designs, specifications, and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate quality architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top