Quality Assurance(QA) Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
At HPE, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes. And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’s biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
As a QA Strategy and Automation engineer, you will work with a team of talented Software Development and Test Engineers on HP’s next generation Converged Infrastructure products. HP’s Converged Infrastructure is technology developed for a customer’s environment to integrate, simplify, automate, virtualize and enable a more energy efficient infrastructure in order to increase performance by rapid provisioning, reduce operating costs and minimize environmental footprint. We are looking for a passionate team player who is able to drive the program test strategy and lead teams to test our Converged Infrastructure products.
The ideal candidate will have excellent experience with software test design. They will have excellent communication skills and be able to work both as part of team and independently. The individual must have high quality standards, and have good problem solving skills. Must be able to configure, troubleshoot and debug software programs during the Test/ Development phase of new products, show good level experience with configuring, troubleshooting, and especially debugging IT and Enterprise Data Center management hardware and software. Must design innovative User Stories and Use Cases for an agile suite of powerful software that is transforming the Data Center. Execute tests on rigorous schedules to meet the customer’s needs. Validate product functionality in complex customer-like environments, rich with the powerful combination of Virtualization, SAN, clustering, Networking, Blade servers and Flex Fabric.
You’ll be joining a team that designs, implements, and develops solution tests for HP’s next generation of Converged Infrastructure products.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development and quality assurance partners on software and firmware design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with quality assurance guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software quality assurance leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software quality assurance organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Design enhancements & updates to solution tests for software in an Agile development environment. Work on a Scrum team to meet project objectives and reach scrum team goals.
- Write and execute complete testing plans and documentation for multiple application suites; identify, debug, and solve issues with hardware/ software/ firmware interactivity.
- Contribute to a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned solution tests.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced test and development partners regarding software systems quality status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and euch other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-9 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience with multiple software quality assurance tools and processes.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with integration of software/ firmware running on multiple platform types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at various management levels.
- Working knowledge on Linux platform and exposure to tools/ languages/ frameworks such as SVN, Virtualization, Python, Robot test framework
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development methodology (Agile-SCRUM).
- Familiarity with HP Converged Infrastructure hardware and/or Insight Software an advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new, unreleased software, firmware, and hardware products, and apply learning to setup, configure, troubleshoot & debug pre-released HP and partner products. Write innovative and comprehensive new test plans to validate solution goals.
- Software systems testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top