Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates newpossibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses,governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software,services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and deliverstechnology solutions that drive business value, create social value, andimprove the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen throughtraining. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learnand grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongsidetalented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coachingand stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and supportto accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a“reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge andstrengths across our multi-generation workforce.
As a unified business, HP Enterprise security products(ESP) is one of the largest and fastest growing security Organizations on theplanet! Security, compliance, and risk management is a high growth market, andthat market is accelerating. Based on market leading products from ArcSight,Fortify, the HP Security Intelligence and Risk Management (SIRM) Platformuniquely delivers the advanced correlation, application protection, and networkdefense technology to protect today’s applications and IT infrastructures fromsophisticated cyber threats.
HP Enterprise Security, ArcSight division, is a leadingglobal provider of Compliance and Security Management solutions that protectenterprises, education and governmental agencies. ArcSight helps customerscomply with corporate and regulatory policy, safeguard their assets andprocesses and control risk. The ArcSight platform collects and correlates useractivity and event data across the enterprise so that businesses can rapidlyidentify, prioritize and respond to compliance violations, policy breaches,cyber security attacks, and insider threats.
ArcSight is a leader in security and compliance managementsolutions that intelligently identify and mitigate business risk forenterprises. ArcSight provides the industry’s only vendor-neutral solution forreal time intelligent identification, prioritization and network response toexternal security attacks, insider threats and compliance breaches.
- Primaryresponsibility will be centered on testing Security Investigation Workbench.This includes, but is not limited to, creating, developing, enhancing, maintaining,and executing test cases which utilize shared libraries, tools, and scripts inan Object Oriented environment.
- Designs quality assurance and test processesfor portions and subsystems of end-user applications, systems software, andfirmware running on hardware, local, networked, and Internet-based platforms.
- Able tobuild Test environments for functional testing, End to End deployments withfocused approach
- Able tohandle multiple functional requirements and bring them into functional test environments
- Abilityto write and execute testing plans, protocols and documentation for assignedportion of application; Identifies and troubleshoot issues that are reported.
- Analyzesdesign and determines test cases and integration activities required based ongeneral objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product orsolution.
- Writesand executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assignedportion of application; Identifies and debugs issues that are reported.
- Collaboratesand communicates with management, internal and outsourced development partnersregarding test status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Responsibilitiesinclude working closely with development, automation, and performance teams toreproduce problem reports and customer issues, setting up and maintaining testenvironments, and completing technical reviews of product documentation andbenchmark the performance
- Excellentteam player and focus on collaboration activities. Ability to take up otherduties as assigned.
- 6 Plus years of hands on experience withDesigns quality assurance and test processes for portions and subsystems ofend-user applications, systems software, and firmware running on hardware,local, networked, and Internet-based platforms.
- Hands on with OO design and development methodologies
- Experience in JAVA
- Design and determines test scripts,coding, automation, and integration activities required based on generalobjectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Should be able to build automationTopologies with minimum guidance and execute system testscripts/ identify bugson topologies
- Experienced in using various bugtracking, source control and build release tools, like JIRA, P4, ANT, Hudson, etc.
- Strongexperience working with Linux and Windows NT operating systems
- Familiarity with Linux Shell and Windowsscripting.
- Strong Experience with SQL Queries andhands on JDBC experience
- Organized and process orientedindividual with ability to maintain excellent process/testing documentation andreports.
- Ability to adapt and willingness tolearn new technology or techniques
- Ability to establish rapport andcommunicate with people at all levels of an organization
- Experience withAgile, Scrum, Waterfall.
- Experience with source code managementstools like perforce or Gut and other tools like Eclipse, Fisheye, Jenkins,Jmeter and Loadrunner
- Networking and security experience inconfiguring network equipment (firewalls, switches, routers)
- Exposure to Core Java, Vertica, Hadoop
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linuxoperating system fundamentals.
- Possess the ability to be a self-drivenquick learner with attention to details and quality
- Familiar with SIEM products and anysecurity certifications (CISSP, CSLLP, CEH, CCSK) are a big Plus.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in ComputerScience, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Strongtechnical and business English usage of document reading, emails and conferencecalls
- Effectiveverbal and written communication skills.
- ISTQB, ALM certification is a plus
- Selenium experience is a huge plus
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexibleworking hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterpriseone of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provideequal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving careeropportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in apleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hearfrom you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal atwww.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top