Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates newpossibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses,governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software,services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and deliverstechnology solutions that drive business value, create social value, andimprove the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen throughtraining. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learnand grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongsidetalented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coachingand stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and supportto accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a“reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge andstrengths across our multi-generation workforce.
As a unified business, HP Enterprise security products(ESP) is one of the largest and fastest growing security Organizations on theplanet! Security, compliance, and risk management is a high growth market, andthat market is accelerating. Based on market leading products from ArcSight,Fortify, the HP Security Intelligence and Risk Management (SIRM) Platformuniquely delivers the advanced correlation, application protection, and networkdefense technology to protect today’s applications and IT infrastructures fromsophisticated cyber threats.
HP Enterprise Security, ArcSight division, is a leadingglobal provider of Compliance and Security Management solutions that protectenterprises, education and governmental agencies. ArcSight helps customerscomply with corporate and regulatory policy, safeguard their assets andprocesses and control risk. The ArcSight platform collects and correlates useractivity and event data across the enterprise so that businesses can rapidlyidentify, prioritize and respond to compliance violations, policy breaches,cyber security attacks, and insider threats.
ArcSight is a leader in security and compliance managementsolutions that intelligently identify and mitigate business risk forenterprises. ArcSight provides the industry’s only vendor-neutral solution forreal time intelligent identification, prioritization and network response toexternal security attacks, insider threats and compliance breaches.
- Primary responsibility will be centered on testing SecurityInvestigation Workbench. This includes, but is not limited to, creating, developing,enhancing, maintaining, and executing test cases which utilize sharedlibraries, tools, and scripts in an Object Oriented environment.
- Designs qualityassurance and test processes for portions and subsystems of end-userapplications, systems software, and firmware running on hardware, local,networked, and Internet-based platforms.
- Able to build Test environments for functional testing, Endto End deployments with focused approach
- Able to handle multiple functional requirements and bringthem into functional test environments
- Ability to write and execute testing plans, protocols anddocumentation for assigned portion of application; Identifies and troubleshootissues that are reported.
- Analyzes design and determinestest cases and integration activities required based on general objectives andknowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes completetesting plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion ofapplication; Identifies and debugs issues that are reported.
- Collaborates and communicateswith management, internal and outsourced development partners regarding teststatus, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Responsibilities include working closely with development,automation, and performance teams to reproduce problem reports and customerissues, setting up and maintaining test environments, and completing technicalreviews of product documentation and benchmark the performance
- Excellent team player and focus on collaborationactivities. Ability to take up other duties as assigned.
- 8 Plus yearsof hands on experience with Designs quality assurance and test processes forportions and subsystems of end-user applications, systems software, andfirmware running on hardware, local, networked, and Internet-based platforms.
- Hands on with OO design and development methodologies
- Experience inJAVA
- Design anddetermines test scripts, coding, automation, and integration activitiesrequired based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture ofproduct or solution.
- Should be ableto build automation Topologies with minimum guidance and execute system testscripts/identify bugs on topologies
- Experienced inusing various bug tracking, source control and build release tools, like JIRA,P4, ANT, Hudson, etc.
- Strong experience working withLinux and Windows NT operating systems
- Familiarity with Linux Shelland Windows scripting.
- StrongExperience with SQL Queries and hands on JDBC experience
- Organized andprocess oriented individual with ability to maintain excellent process/testingdocumentation and reports.
- Ability toadapt and willingness to learn new technology or techniques
- Ability totrain junior members in team
- Ability toestablish rapport and communicate with people at all levels of an organization
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Waterfall.
- Experiencewith source code managements tools like perforce or Gut and other tools likeEclipse, Fisheye, Jenkins, Jmeter and Loadrunner
- Networking andsecurity experience in configuring network equipment (firewalls, switches,routers)
- Exposure toCore Java, Vertica, Hadoop
- Strongunderstanding of Unix/Linux operating system fundamentals.
- Possess theability to be a self-driven quick learner with attention to details and quality
- Familiar withSIEM products and any security certifications (CISSP, CSLLP, CEH, CCSK) are abig Plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors orMaster’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Strong technical and business English usage of documentreading, emails and conference calls
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- ISTQB, ALM certification is a plus
- Seleniumexperience is a huge plus
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexibleworking hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterpriseone of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provideequal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving careeropportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in apleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hearfrom you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal atwww.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top