Public Sector Account Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
- Builds strong professional working C-level relationships with the client. Establishes a high level of personal credibility as a trusted advisor to key client executives.
- Leverages executive sponsors and other company resources to strengthen the company’s relationship and credibility with client influencers and decision makers.
- Engages in the Relationship Assessment Program (RAP) where possible. Implements TCE initiatives that improve the customer loyalty index.
- Researches and understands the client’s industry. Deeply understands client business strategies and challenges.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to client leaders, aggressively shapes deals early in the sales cycle. Advances opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for the company
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning the company’s capabilities to client business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
- Leverages existing engagements and run-rate business to seed and grow new opportunities.
- Advocates for client needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues.
- Maintains high-level of customer loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in the company-conducted surveys and reports.
- Builds and executes an Account Business Plan (ABP) that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow the company’s presence and share in the account.
- Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
- Identifies, nurtures, and closes new solution opportunities that result in substantial growth in the company’s share, revenues, and margin. Represents the entire company portfolio of products and services.
- Facilitates/engages with Solution Opportunity Approval & Review process (SOAR)
- Proactively protects the company’s position and claims the company leadership positions in strategic and emerging solution areas.
- Proactively engages and manages partners to strengthen solution capabilities and drive greater value for the client and the company.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue & margin quotas. Uses margin management techniques
- Participates in/drives account Team Management
- Orchestrates all the company’s resources and sponsorship essential for executing the account business plan.
- Engages and manages team members in presales, sales specialists and inside sales to support complex deals.
- Drives integrated planning and execution; coordinates both sales and BU delivery organizations to ensure aligned client engagement and service.
- Proactively engages executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship and favorably positions long-term business opportunities for the company.
- Engages the company’s sales specialists, channel and alliance partners to fully leverage the company’s portfolio. Proactively engages partners to define and pursue joint growth opportunities with the account
- Interfaces with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate client needs, drive industry mindshare, and facilitate solution development.
- Drives the account internationally/Globally
Scope and Impact
- Typically manages 1 to many accounts.
- Typically qualifies and closes large deals of moderate to high complexity and cross-GBU scope.
- Works with all levels of decision-makers in the client organization including the CEO.
- Participates in account investment decisions in pricing and resources.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree or MBA desired
- Experience in IT industry
- Experience in vertical industry preferred
- Typically 12 years account management experience
- Extraordinarily strong track record of account management and sales performance
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Uses consultative, solution selling and business development skills at the CXO level to align the client’s business needs with
- ‘s solutions.
- Highly developed business development and negotiation skills at the CXO level.
- Focuses on client’s key business challenges and drivers to position himself/herself as a trusted advisor at the CxO level.
- Advocates for client needs in negotiating solution sales and troubleshooting solution delivery issues.
- Submits timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same.
- Creates an account governance plan where EAM identifies, and leads the account team appropriately for the client’s needs and styles to continue to move a deal forward.
- Coaches teams on their individual contribution to their success in achieving the targeted business results.
- Strong coaching and team leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of client’s business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
- Develops a comprehensive business-case approach in crafting client proposals and in the company-internal requests for resource and / or investments.
- Attracts, leads, and retains global resources.
- Expertise in managing end-to-end sales processes involving complex, multi-portfolio, large deals.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the client CEO level.
- Adheres to SBC and the company’s code of ethics
- Deep knowledge of the vertical industry and the client’s position, challenges and strategy within the industry including security, risk and compliance issues
- Keeps abreast of industry trends as related to opportunities to create added value for the client.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills.
- Applies IT best practices specific to the client’s industry.
- Knows the company’s broad portfolio and how to integrate different solutions, or engages the appropriate resources, to create unique and innovative solutions for the customer.
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of basic enhanced products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Uses expertise in specialty, consultative, solution selling and business development skills to align the client’s business needs with solution.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts – prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates a successful ability to leverage the company’s portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Expert in the sale of IT services and outsourcing
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top