Project Manager Senior
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to work in Quantico, VA. The candidate who fills this position will be a full time employee of HPE supporting our NGEN contract.
- Require knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Plans, directs, and co‐ordinates a cross‐functional team’s activities to manage and implement project and/or interrelated projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage.
- Determines, monitors, and reviews all project/program economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, subcontractors, resources and risk.
- Identifies and assembles the appropriate blend of resources to meet project/program needs and requirements; including sub‐contractor selection.
- Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the project/program.
- Leads the project/program team(s) in determining client requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
- Ensures adherence to legally binding requirements and client’s long‐term goals.
- Facilitates status review meetings among project team members and clients.
- Works with senior management on project/program proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules.
- Proposes and develops add‐on program opportunities.
- Mentors and trains the customer and/or vendor in project management methods, procedures, and activities.
- Controls project/program requirements, scope, and change management issues.
- Coaches and counsels members of cross‐functional teams to accomplish project/program goals, to meet established schedules, and resolve technical/operational issues.
- Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key program criteria.
- Determines and installs appropriate automated systems for management of projects.
- Identifies and recommends contingency measures.
- Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders.
- Advises senior management on project management capability and risk.
- Maintains awareness on emerging technologies and project/program management techniques.
- Nine to twelve (9‐12) years of related experience in Project Management lifecycle activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field
- Certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Must have a DoD security clearance or ability to obtain a clearance.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top