Project Manager Engineer Support (Top Secret Clearance required)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer. The major support areas in this contract are Program Management, IT Operations and Maintenance, Engineering, and Applications Support.
The Project Manager’s primary focus will be on requirements analysis and project management support within the Engineering Section.
- Provides development of project Software Quality Assurance Plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
- Provides an independent assessment of how the project’s software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to optimize the organization’s process.
- May be responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
- Develops and implements procedures and test plans for assuring quality in a system development environment which supports large databases and applications.
- Leads team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects.
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Provides applications systems analysis and programming activities for a Government site, facility or multiple locations.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources.
- Contingency planning and risk mitigation;
- Planning and scheduling project goals, milestones and deliverables;
- Providing support tracking project progress and resolution of project deliverables/issues in close contact with the engineers and program sponsors.
- Meeting regularly with the requirements managers to review project status, issues, risks and proposed mitigations.
- Monitoring issue resolution and impact of project and/or scope changes to ensure work is completed within estimated timeframe.
- Tracking project milestones and provides status updates and reporting formats.
- Tracking vendor status and review/approve vendor Statements of Work, if required.
- Defining requirements and plans throughout the project life cycle;
- Allocating resources for project and program implementation;
- Identifying and solving project issues effectively;
- Communicates internally and externally the status and well being of the program
- Bachelors degree plus 5 – 8 years directly related experience;
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract. **
Knowledge and Skills:
- •Demonstrates knowledge of corporate organizations, culture, policies, products, markets and processes;
- Knowledgeable in corporate standards of excellence;
- Skills in and demonstrates technical, functional and business knowledge of project portfolio management, project management, customer engagement Roadmap, assessment and management, business development, account management and engagement pursuit, capacity and capability planning;
- Successfully operates in complex disciplines
- Worked on large enterprise IT projects within the last 10 years;
- Strong communication (oral and written) and briefing preparation/delivery skills;
- PMP Certified or equivalent IPMA or AIPM certification;
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top