Project Manager leads Customer’s Projects to ensure that they meet all scope, time, budget and quality expectations, through planning, controlling and managing customer projects. Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
- Works on multiple complex projects (20 ) where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of multiple factors
- Coordinates and integrates the work efforts and deliverables of a multifunction project team
- Projects are USA based engagements
- Manages projects with sometimes aggressive but achievable stakeholder deadlines
- Works with Client Project Office, Change Management and Governance to ensure project is managed successfully.
- Works with managed service vendors, HPE Operations, HPE engineering, and implementation resources.
- Creates and maintains site workbooks, schedules, meeting notes.
- Daily/weekly project calls with vendors, HPE team and client.
- Follow Change Control submission and approval processes.
- Manage standard project risk and issues, develop mitigation plans. Proactively manage scope to ensure that only what was agreed to be delivered, unless changes are approved through scope management.
- Manage the overall project schedule to ensure work is assigned and completed on time and within 2% accuracy of financial forecast.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years’ experience in project management or in like roles/business (Project Coordinator, Project Consultant, PMO Assistant)
- Project Planning & Execution, Performance Monitoring & Reporting experience, Project Cost and Schedule Management
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including good, active listening skills.
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to work in full autonomy
- Capacity to influence others and make decisions
- Team building skills so that the people work together well.
- PMI Certified – Project Manager Professional or on the Certification path is a plus. (PMP)
- Demonstrates a good understanding and practitioner of processes and methodologies applicable to project management.
- Speaks with expertise to many layers of depth related to project management methods
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
“La información aquí incluida es una guía y en ningún caso presupone o constituye obligación alguna para Hewlett Packard Costa Rica Limitada. Quien utilice esta guía lo hará bajo el completo entendimiento que dicha guía misma es flexible y se deben tomar muchos otros factores en conjunto. Dicha guía permite desviarse de lo que la misma indica y en nada obliga al patrono, pudiendo éste desviarse de ella en cualquier medida.”
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top