Project Controller with German Skills - Temporary Contract
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
The SW Engagement Customer Operations team at HPE is committed to provide operational excellence, people development, and innovation. Our Project Controllers team provides end to end order management and financial services for SW Services meeting our EMEA business partners and customer’s requirements according to the US GAAP accounting principles and HPE internal regulations.
The Project Controller is responsible for the end to end operational activities for the EMEA countries:
- Reviews customer documentation, initiates and controls each SW Services project
- Order management activities in SAP: Sales order booking, Invoicing, 3rd party management, Cost entries
- Cost and revenue accounting: tracks project financials, assures forecasting and reforecasting activities, Balance sheet reconciliation
- Month end closing activities: cost and revenue recognition, financial transaction posting in SAP, Data quality, Financial reporting
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Project Managers to guide and influence profitability of the SW services projects
- Participates in teleconferences regarding project status and variance explanations
- Provides analytic support to business initiatives, maintaining and tracking each project financial
- Interacts with Project Managers, Delivery Managers, Finance teams and ECO management
- Supports policy and process improvement and identifies opportunities according to HPE policies
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics
- Typically 1 years of experience in economics
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Analytical skills
- Advanced written and spoken communication skills in English
- Medium/ Advanced proficiency in a second language: Spanish
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Good business acumen
- SAP exposure would be considered a plus
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top