Program Management Office
Program Management Office
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services is one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries. We help our clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT. Through our seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and advance each enterprise, no matter where they are in their journey. We also bring the best of HPE together to deliver innovative solutions that matter to our clients. Leveraging HPE’s portfolio we offer end-to-end solutions for today’s IT environments.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE Enterprise Services as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
- Manages the implementation and utilization of company Services Global Method Project
- Management (GMPM) methodology
- Participates in the implementation of worldwide, region, sub-region and/or business unit policies, practices, and systems to support the program/projects business
- Provides an environment in which the program/project business is predictable and profitable
- Makes contributions to the Program Manager (PM) Profession Health of the program portfolio
- Understands the solution portfolio and may identify repeatable business opportunities while ensuring appropriate import/export of intellectual property. May make recommendations to enhance solution offering set
- Chairs or participates in the Solution Opportunity Approval and Review (SOAR) meetings and ensures the SOAR process is followed. Sponsors opportunities to the next higher SOAR level as appropriate
- Drives the quality of bidding, contracting, and delivery of projects
- May deliver orders, budgeted revenue and margin for the project portfolio
- Monitors projects during delivery, including periodic project reviews and follow-up on appropriate actions
- Supports customer work in the selling, contracting, and delivery phases
- May develop and manage strong customer relationships at intermediate levels
- Consults with country, sub-region or business unit management on programs or processes to improve the health of the project portfolio Professional development
- Responsible for personnel, and business management, including accountability for team effectiveness and people development
- Communicates regularly with practitioners on matters relevant to the profession
- Consults with practitioners on career development and professional certification matters
- Mentors and/or establishes mentoring programs for the program/project management community
- Leads the implementation of project management incentive and recognition programs
- Contributions have major impact on company Services certifications, revenue and profitability within a country, several small countries, or customer project portfolio ($5 – $15M annual revenue)
- Contributions have an impact on the operational effectiveness of the programs/project business within the area of responsibility
- Contributions have an impact on the professional development of the program/project management professionals within the area of responsibility
Education and Experience Required:
First level University degree plus 7-10 years directly related experience. Advanced University degree a plus Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified or equivalent IPMA or AIPM certification
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of corporate organization, culture, policies, products, markets and processes. Is knowledgeable in:
- Corporate standards of excellence
- Personnel development strategies including: performance appraisal techniques and coaching & mentoring has or is developing skills in state-of-the-art technical, functional & business knowledge:
- Project portfolio management
- Project management
- Customer Engagement Roadmap
- Global Method for Project Management
- Assessment and management,
- Business development, account management & engagement pursuit,
- Financial fundamentals & forecasting methods,
- Capacity & capability planning.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top