Product Manager, Hybrid Cloud
Product Manager, Hybrid Cloud
Manages the product/services/solution (PSS) life cycle. From an understanding of customer needs/insights, provides initial product/service/solution design, pricing, value proposition, messaging and/or whole product strategies (packaging, warranty, service, support), as well as forecasting through product introduction. Regional product marketing includes actual forecasting, inventory strategy and forecasting, actual pricing and price promotions/discounting, technical support and ultimately the obsolescence and end-of-life of the PSS. Both regional and global roles regularly work with the sales force, customers, and partners to accelerate sales process. Applies market and customer insights on customer experience requirements and brand loyalty to define the PSS experience requirements across all PSS components of the customer life cycle. Represents the voice of the customer with respect to PSS development/pricing, launch, refresh and obsolescence.
- Drive the definition of a product/ service/solution (PSS) family/ portfolio through R&D and solutions teams.
- Determine appropriate PSS family positioning prior to introduction.
- Determine initial PSS pricing strategy.
- Influence third parties to enhance solutions capabilities.
- Regularly meet with customers or partners during the sales process.
- Provide closed-loop post-analysis of PSS family strategies.
- Determine and lead an appropriate product/service/solution family introduction process to assure an effective launch within the region.
- Work with retailers and customers to affect demand.
- Drive the inventory strategy.
- Influence appropriate third parties to enhance solutions capabilities.
- Determine appropriate ongoing pricing in support of established pricing strategy.
- Work with sales and manufacturing, to lead the PSS Family obsolescence process for the region.
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Highly knowledgeable of product/solution family and the business needs of the target customers.
- 7 years experience in product marketing fundamentals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general marketing function either through education or work experience.
- Working with customers and sales teams to gather requirements and convey this requirement to engineering.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, prior knowledge of agile development methodologies is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of data center environment and infrastructure with deep understanding of one or more of the following areas,
Compute/virtualization, Storage or networking
- Understanding of cloud technologies and market trends.
- Ability to work with marketing teams to define value proposition and create customer facing presentations
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Product management and/or engineering background is a plus
- Will consider R&D program managers, Technical marketing engineers and sales engineers
- A degree in engineering and/or business a huge plus
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top