Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At HPE, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes. And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’s biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze market opportunities and customer needs for new products and services
- Recommend and champion product/ service/solution strategic direction to senior management
- Create innovative solutions to enhance sales of the product lines or line of services/solutions
- Seen by sales team as an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly is called on to defend the benefits in front of customers or partners
- Product strategy and roadmap planning, product launch activities, customer and market research, participation in key events, ongoing marketing-related sustaining activities, interaction with the HP sales force, competitive updates, and any joint marketing vendor relationship management.
- Product launch activities primarily include development of a marketing plan, positioning and messaging strategies, forecasting, pricing input, development of or input to hpe.com web content, white papers, and other customer facing collateral, development of sales force Q&A, training, and selling guides, and seed unit planning.
- Participation in key events primarily includes major customer shows, internal training events, and customer visits. An emphasis is placed on interaction with the HP technical sales force community via con-calls, e-mail, and training events
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical.
- A Master’s (graduate) degree in Business Administration is strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong knowledge of industrial compute use cases
- Experience in the server industry
- Highly knowledgeable of product/solution family and the business needs of the target customers
- 7-10 years experience in product marketing fundamentals
- Understanding of strategic marketing and product marketing. Broad knowledge of marketing elements (product pricing, promotion, and positioning) and in depth knowledge of marketing program implementation.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships quickly. Comfortable with steep learning curve and senior management interaction.
- Experience working effectively with engineering to drive product requirements.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to convey thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely.
- Comfortable with C-level customer interactions and briefings
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top