Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for you. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
Partners with R&D and New Product Introduction (NPI) Supply Chain groups to successfully introduce new products into world-wide production. Product Engineers interface with R&D, factory process engineering, Test Engineering and reliability engineering to solve product quality or yield problems. Responsible to sustain products through cost reductions seeking yield improvements. Analyzes samples of defective units/sub-assemblies, reports the results to the appropriate design engineering, manufacturing engineering, test engineering and quality engineering team(s) as well as to the manufacturing group or area and/or vendor where the issue occurred, and recommends or implements changes to the product or process as applicable.
- Participates as a member of project team of other product engineers to develop and execute reliable, cost effective and high quality manufacturing solutions for products from new- product introduction through end of lifecycle.
- Performs engineering analysis of defective product units or sub- assemblies; consolidates results of customer feedback and manufacturing, test, and quality assurance processes for product.
- Coordinates the activities of internal and outsourced development and manufacturing partners in support of the manufacture of assigned subsystems or portions of product.
- Communicates product and process issue analysis to product engineering leader and product team; implements specified changes to product or process to reduce defects, improve quality, and lower costs.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Typically 2-5 years experience in the electronics goods industry (Recent graduates with relevant skills will be considered)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using engineering tools and software packages to test, design, and evaluate products and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of material properties and hardware and electrical component design and manufacture.
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate manufacturing plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top