Procurment Category Manager with Italian
Procurment Category Manager with Italian
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Responsible for managing commodities/categories worldwide, including goods and services that support the company and its customers. Includes setting category strategies; supply base development to meet the company and customer requirements; and supplier contracting and negotiations; supplier qualification; and establishing quality processes / resolving quality issues. Emphasis is on strategy, supplier development, negotiations, business relationships, quality, cost, assurance of supply and predictability. Develops the company procurement strategies, policies and tactics required to achieve objectives. Primary objective is to reduce the cost of supply and meet demand requirements, business and quality specifications, and revenue goals. Adds value to the company through managing performance aspects of major contracts and subcontracts.
- Leads the analysis of a specific commodity data and industry trends or leads an individual supply chain sub- category; reports results to managers.
- Participates as a senior member on a cross-functional team (may lead specific projects).
- Meets with Stakeholder managers to understand business priorities and translate them into procurement plans; comprehends the industry and the Marketplace.
- Utilizes supply chain and financial modeling tools.
- Participates in Supplier Selection Activities.
- May lead activities for less complex domains.
- Assesses the supply base of category.
- Negotiates and contracts with suppliers.
- Engages with low-complexity suppliers.
- Monitors supplier performance.
- Executes risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management, and operation strategies.
- Identifies common contract risk areas.
- Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using pre- packed solutions.
- Advises program level business representatives on fundamental contract risk areas.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of procurement processes, industry, and suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge and use of procurement tools and applications.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Basic Project Management Skills.
- Basic ability to develop suppliers
- Strong teamwork and basic leadership skills; basic influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and Italian language skill is a plus.
- Ability to create a contract using standard company contract templates with supervision.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify common contract risk areas.
- Capable of applying pre- packaged contract solutions to obtain acceptable outcomes.
- Solid understanding of fundamental contracting principles.
- Good understanding of the company's business units and the company's business strategy.
- Excellent cultural knowledge of.
Supply Chain & Operations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top