Procurement Solutions Product Expert
Procurement Solutions Product Expert
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Global Corporate Services – Solutions & Operations Team’s charter is to design, deliver and manage effective and efficient procurement solutions that simplify and streamline the procurement experience for Hewlett Packard Enterprise employees. The successful candidate for this role will provide support so the team can focus on keeping our Global Procurement systems running efficiently and effectively.
Global Procurement (GP) is one of the largest indirect and service procurement organizations in the world. Considered one of the most innovative global functions of its kind, GP looks beyond traditional procurement for ways to drive even greater value for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. This includes helping the businesses generate increased revenue, driving innovation with strategic suppliers and doing the right thing for HPE’s customers and employees with respect to corporate and social responsibility.
This role will focus mainly as a Product Manager for Global Procurement facing applications. The role will specialize in vendor tools and other applications that support our Global Procurement customers and vendor operations teams. This role will learn the applications end to end in order to support the application for all users and projects. The Product Manager will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle in building requirements, creating test cases and testing during testing cycles. The Product Manager will also be working to improve the training and communication with users and host User Forums. The Product Manager will gain hands-on experience with technology, learn how to perform analysis within the application and will then make recommendations for improvements. The Product Manager will also investigate new functionality to determine the pros/cons of implementing the functionality. Based on the outcome of the analysis, the Product Manager will be responsible for implementing the features by working with various Product Managers if needed and the associated IT Teams. Overall a Product Manager will:
- Evangelize –Champion the vision and benefits of the product. Be passionate about your product.
- Empathize –Everything begins with a deep understanding of the needs of your target customer.
- Maintain perspective –Weigh the needs of the customer against the integrity of the product goals and the requirements of the business and establish a balance.
- Manage product, not people –You are the leader, but not the manager, of the extended product team. Focus should always be on the product and processes surrounding it.
- Minimizes exposure and risk on projects.
- Communicate –maintain constant and fluid communication with your stakeholders regarding product status and progress.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the GP applications within the GP organization.
- Project Manage small application related projects within the GP organization.
- Conducts discovery of business requirements in cooperation with key stakeholders
- Consolidates and prioritizes requirements
- Responsible for documenting business requirements and translating into technical requirements specifications.
- Acts as the liaison between business and IT for application enhancements, requirements, analysis, etc.
- Executes and coordinates requirements management and change management processes.
- Responsible for working with support and IT resources to resolve issues on a day to day basis.
- Ongoing development of the applications and working with Solution Architects on vision.
- Gain understanding of the impact of IT releases on the tools that are supported to ensure consistency across the GP applications.
- Delivering training to user community and creating avenues to ensure the GP community is using the applications to make their job easier.
- Gain deep level knowledge of GP processes that support the GP applications that are supported
Skills / Qualifications Required:
- Must have excellent knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Ability to work in with ambiguous requirements, ensuring consistent understanding across users, designers and testers
- Ability to define and manage scope and client expectations, requirements change management and mitigating risks
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Applying creativity to solving complex process vs. system problems
- Business solutions modeling of current state and desired/future state functionality
- Strong analysis and data manipulation skills
- Demonstrate business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility
- Strong customer focus
- Strong relationship management skills and working collaboratively
- Strong verbal/written/presentation communication skills; mastery in English required
- Advanced internal and external relationship management skills.
The ideal candidate should have significant knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- SQL and database experience strongly desired
- Understanding of Analytical reporting tools and databases desired
- Project management skills are desired
- Strong SharePoint skills desired
- Global Procurement processes and solution knowledge desired
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of how to analyze business problems using Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years of experience in implementing, managing and supporting software solutions.
- Procurement / Supply Chain function experience desired
We offer extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top