Procurement Engineer II
Procurement Engineer II
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. We're solving the world's most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you'll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You'll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you'll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
Ensure the quality, reliability, and availability of purchased materials. Responsible for the qualification of supplier processes and purchased material for conformance to product specification and the company programs such as Social Environmental Responsibility (SER). Monitors purchased materials through the product lifecycle. Communicates and resolves supplier-related problems as they occur. Responsible for supplier development and corrective actions. Supports the manufacturing process by ensuring commodities used in producing products are readily available, meet quality requirements, and are cost efficient. Evaluates supplier capabilities to ensure production output can meet the company demand in both normal and abnormal supply conditions (i.e. multiple sourcing, geographic diversity). Works with other quality functions to audit suppliers as appropriate to ensure performance to the company quality objectives.
- Coordinates portions of the global engineering relationship with a supplier of external hardware, components, materials, or services for the development and manufacturing of a product or service line
- Reviews supplier product designs, processes, and activities for compliance with company manufacturing guidelines, quality processes, and standards; provides results and recommendations to procurement engineering leadership.
- Performs tests, troubleshooting, and engineering analysis of defective product units or sub-assemblies; consolidates results of customer feedback and manufacturing, test, and quality assurance processes for product.
- Communicates product and process issue analysis to procurement engineering leader and product team; works with supplier to implement specified changes to product or process to reduce defects, improve quality, and lower costs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 2-4 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Using engineering tools and software packages to test, design, and evaluate products and manufacturing processes
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience at or with a semiconductor manufacture
Understanding of material properties and hardware and electrical component design and manufacture Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate procurement plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first : We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and euch other
Bias for action : We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart : We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers You can also find us on: https://www.facebook.com/HPECareers https://twitter.com/HPE_Careers
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top